Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the usual thing is to go with harley hard bags but im more of a curves type guy. Has anyone tried putting on a set of victory cross road bags or similar? Remember fat bottoms make the world go round.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
9,530 Posts
It's been done, but it isn't simple.

The bags rest on a support bracket -- kind of like a shelf -- and then the sides have holes on them. The holes line up with pins which are part of the support system, and the pins are then secured from the interior of the bags. (So the bags are can be quickly removed.)

It would be a lively time trying to match that system on another motorcycle, IMHO.

They're great bags, however. They hold an absolute ton of stuff.

Signed,
A Former Victory Cross Roads Owner.

Reactions: Colby

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I figured it would be a bit of a challenge. I know victory name cost alot even if it's not victory bags specifically what about one's similar in style. All I can seem to find is harley this harley that. 😅

Edit: I found a set from matazu I'm assuming are a set of "victory" reproduction bags. Priced at 800. Even if it's not striaght up victory bags I would love to see similar sets if anyone has pictures..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh that's such a good looking bike. I saw those bags but im not a big fan of the lids opening forward or to the rear.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have hard bags on my '05 C90. I installed them about 8 or 9 years ago. The brand is "Hard Street" and I believe the model is "Slim Bags". Whereas they feel flimsy, they've held together fine have endured some abuse and 2 repaints. They don't rattle or leak.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy cow that's a c90??? That thing is beautiful.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Thanks. Lots of changes, all by me. Most of them on the cheap too.

The rear fender is modified to have a Honda VTX tail light. The license plate is frenched and turn signals relocated.

The exhaust is true duals, using HD Street Glide mufflers and a combination of stock C90 and Sportster pipes.

The bars are stock HD Road Glide bars. I had to make custom risers to accommodate the larger bar diameter and the 10mm riser bolt for the C90.

The batwing is Memphis Shades and was broken in two pieces when I got it for $20. Plasti-fix worked great fusing the Lucite. The mounting bracket kit was for a V-Star, but I modified it to fit the C90.

The trunk is a $100 Ebay knock off of a HD Chopped Tourpak. The bracketing is custom and mounts on a set of HD Tourpak docking brackets, turned around backwards.

All chrome has been blacked out with either Rustoleum Truck bed coating, textured black powder coating, Cerakote Glacier black or Plasti-dip.

The paint is TCP (House of Color) Hot Rod Flatz, antique gold.
Of everything I've done to it, the paint was by far the most expensive, about $400 in materials.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have any more pictures that thing looks awesome! Also I looked into those bags looks like the company doesn't sell them anymore I could only find some from Ali express and some other scetchy looking sellers online.

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries man it's a free for all I'm just looking for a good looking set of bags. Ones that are large and follow the curves of the bike more than those square looking harley box's (never saw a square bage before).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should paint that thing in an old British military theme would look great with those bags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts