Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the 8 ball latley thinking maybe. Does anyone here have one? or Have a friend with one? or riden one? or just have any opinion you want to share?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Great looking bike, and the Victory line is impressive across the board.

There are some that have them on the site! I'm sure one will chime in soon enough!

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Always try to post a pic so others can see what you are asking about easier!

I personally DON'T like a lot of the Victory lines (the Vision is UGLY that goes out to someone special....come on..you know who you are!!,) however, I DO like that bike!!!!

The fact that it is American Made and I like it, really draws my attention. I just wish an American company would produce bikes that could compete with the import in price, quality, and availablity. The sooner that happens the sooner they will get my dollar! But until then, they are gonna have to wait until I can afford to drop 20K on a toy.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
My very good friend has one.

It's a VERY nice bike. GREAT brakes, GREAT handling and GREAT suspension. For 14,000 It's a VERY nice bike. It's tight and SOUNDS mean.

If you add just the stage 2 which is pipes and remap (or even stock), it is fast. If you add the s&s air kit then it is pull your arms out of the socket fast. BUT it is VERY stable at higher speeds.

What's odd is I thought he was nutz for not adding a windscreen. YOU DON"T NEED ONE. It's bizarre how your arms and the wide tank takes the pressure off of your chest and head.

I am a fan of the kP 8ball. I think it's sick looking.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Toe Knee said:
My very good friend has one.

It's a VERY nice bike. GREAT brakes, GREAT handling and GREAT suspension. For 14,000 It's a VERY nice bike. It's tight and SOUNDS mean.

If you add just the stage 2 which is pipes and remap (or even stock), it is fast. If you add the s&s air kit then it is pull your arms out of the socket fast. BUT it is VERY stable at higher speeds.

What's odd is I thought he was nutz for not adding a windscreen. YOU DON"T NEED ONE. It's bizarre how your arms and the wide tank takes the pressure off of your chest and head.

I am a fan of the JP 8ball. I think it's sick looking.
I'm glad to hear that. Like I said, one of the few bikes by Victory that I like, and it's great to hear that it has high marks! (at least from the only person that has put there thoughts in that has some experience with it!)

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
14,000 for brembo brakes, 100ci engine and VERY capable suspension is not bad at all.

BTW-I've ridden the vision and I am not sure if I would buy one over a goldwing......I might need more time with it and it IS impressive for their first attempt but it doesn't make WANT it like the stripped down bikes.

NOW-I haven't ridden a kP yet and they say that the ride is even better then the vegas.

btw-the vegas is the 8ball that my friend has. I've ridden it a few times and I've ridden (beat the crap out of) another 8ball as a demo.

edit--OH btw, if Triumph's 1500 is not what it's SUPPOSED to be then I will be looking at a kP or an HD. Right now, the JP is at the top of the list. I won't sell my TRIUMPH but I'd like something for 2up that is more comfy. But the house comes first. LOL

·
Registered
399 Posts
Which 8-Ball? Vegas or the new Kingpin?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was talking about the vegas I forgot they came out with the KP but I would consider that to. I figure theres alot of left over 07 vegas's 8-balls around maybe I could get a deal.the wife said if I sold both my bikes and didnt have to come up with much more money shes ok with it.so price is a factor

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Isn't this the bike parrothead rides? I think it is a beautiful bike! Also, $14,000 is all that much more than a metric big bore so I don't see that as a lot...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Actually...if you pay 14k you got robbed. Most of the dealers here in indiana will let you take a 2007 out thye door for about 12,900. Last year they offered my 6k for my 2005 and the 2007 8 ball for 11,900. I thought that was a great deal...end of season helped too i am sure.

It is probably my next bike!!

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Well, Victory was at the Virginia Beach Bike Classic and I got to test ride a Hammer. Wanted to go with the Vegas 8-Ball but it wasn't available. Oh well.

Here is my review of the Hammer.

Engine: TONS of power, but with 100 CI it better have that!

Transmission: Felt really clunky. I felt like I was kicking the bike to get it to shift at all. Also, sounding like there was an odd noise (kinda like a whining sound??) coming from that area. Talked to a couple of the other people that test rode the other model Victory's with me and they all said the same thing. (why does the VISION not have a heel toe shifter??)

Riders position: So much different then my Vol!!! Really didn't like it at first because of how strange it was, but the positioning grew on me. Nothing I would want to do for a long period, but not bad.

Weight distribution: Going down the road, gentle turns, felt great. All the more aggressive turns felt like the bike WANTED to go down and I was fighting to keep it up.

Control/Indication Layout: GREAT!!!! The speedometer/tachometer were both very easy to see! Didn't get in my way while riding but it took just the slightest movement to bring them into view. All other controls the same as the Vol.

Breaks: Outstanding. Considering the Hammer is supposed to be their Power Cruiser this does not surprise me.

Overall: Decent bike but really didn't like the Transmission, that was a deal breaker for me. I really don't like the looks of the Hammer either (that's why I wanted to ride the 8 Ball) but it was fun to ride. Sounds awesome, rode decent, perfect bike for someone else!

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
funbikerchick said:
Isn't this the bike parrothead rides? I think it is a beautiful bike! Also, $14,000 is all that much more than a metric big bore so I don't see that as a lot...
By name only......it's pretty much a completely different bike now.

·
Registered
849 Posts
maybe an open house will have one for a test ride
worth a look

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ride a Kingpin and I woult not trade it for any other bike out there, period!

Best bike I have every owned. The Vegas' do not handle quite as well as the KP, due to the larger front wheel. Large and skinny= less handling capabilities.

That being said, the Victorys ride great, handles very well, and have tons of power. These engines beg to be upgraded, where they will yeild tons of torque and HP.

They are virtually indestructible to boot. Many Vic engines go 100,000 miles with zero work done to the engine. I have heard some mechanics refer to them as a gas deisel engine. What they mean is that the cylinder walls are so thick, that they rarely show any significant wear.

A friend who owns a Victory shop stated to me that the only problem with being a Victory dealer is that his shop struggles to turn a real profit (motorcycle dealers cannot live on sales alone). I asked him why and he stated, "These bikes are great for the consumer, but not so great for the dealer. They just never break down." Upgrades and normal service are my main service request."

Please note he was not trying to sell me. He knows I already ride a Vic.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My next door neighbor has a Vegas Jackpot, Sweeeeet! He works @ the Victory Dealer on weekends. Do the test rides on a hot day, it brings back all the Non-watercooled memories. Have you looked at the M109R? More H/P and all the dealers around here have 07's at deep discount.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
PGRChaplain said:
My next door neighbor has a Vegas Jackpot, Sweeeeet! He works @ the Victory Dealer on weekends. Do the test rides on a hot day, it brings back all the Non-watercooled memories. Have you looked at the M109R? More H/P and all the dealers around here have 07's at deep discount.
Whatsamatter? Don't like frying eggs on your thighs?

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
My test rides where on an 80 degree day. The vegas has NO heat issues at all. The Vision is a different story. Lots of heat on your inner calves.

·
Registered
789 Posts
My wife just picked up her Vegas Low Mon. I 'had' to ride it home for her since she had open heart surgery 5 weeks ago and can't ride yet. Talk about a sweet ride. We looked at bikes for over a year and she had really wanted an 8-ball, but she just couldn't make the stretch to the ground. As soon as they had a Low version, she was all over it. I plan to pick up a Kingpin as soon as financial constraints allow. Since I can ride pretty much anything, I'm just waiting for the right deal to land in my lap. My poor Vol is going to be busy this year trying to keep up with the wife I can guarantee that. She got it with the stage one kit and downturn pipes so it has NUTSO power....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts