Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed vibration in c50t floorbards above 60mph and up I have a new c50t and they vibrate is there anything I can do to help this?

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Mine does a little (not nearly as bad as an old Brit bike) but it doesn't bother me. You might try some hiway pegs on the crash bars. I have no vibration at all with those.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I put 2 rubber washers between the floorboards and where it mounts to frame. It helps some. I'm going put more in and move my floorboards out about 1-2 inches when I do that I'll add some more rubber washers and hope that removes most of the vibration. Good Luck

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't have a C50T but my C50 floorboards vibrate a lot once over about 50-60mph. I cut down my vibration by taking slower roads. To do it right, get the floorboard brackets someone on the forum was selling for the older Volusias and mount standard Harley floorboards. The top is rubber isolated so they work pretty well on Harleys.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
thehuntsman said:
One thing you might try is put those inserts in your boots it helps a lot.
maybe that's why i don't notice it much - i'm like magellan i'm so gellin' :wink:

honestly, the flapping of the bottom of my chap legs in a crosswind is more irritating than any vibration i've noticed in the boards..

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
515 Posts
I bought my boots a half size too large and added standard Dr. Scholls inserts. I really do not notice any vibration on the floor boards.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I noticed a little today when i get to around 70mph after lowering it last night but might have been doing it before and i just didnt notice it, i was also wearing dress shoes instead of boots.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My Bike started a vibration in the floorboards this weekend when I was on a ride. I pulled in the clutch and it went away. So its definitly in the motor. I've got 17,000 miles on my bike and this is a new vibration. Just wondering if it might be valves or something. Heck maybe the motor is about to blow up. ( God forbid ). If you find out what is it let me know and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
957 Posts
my 06 c50t with 1500 miles has a slight vibration at 60+ but only after I raised my shield up to maximum heighth

·
Registered
679 Posts
indymike said:
My Bike started a vibration in the floorboards this weekend when I was on a ride. I pulled in the clutch and it went away. So its definitly in the motor. I've got 17,000 miles on my bike and this is a new vibration. Just wondering if it might be valves or something. Heck maybe the motor is about to blow up. ( God forbid ). If you find out what is it let me know and I'll do the same.
If the vibs went away with the clutch disengaged it is definitely in the motor somewhere. Either the valves are out of adjustment on one of the cylinders. Doubtful that it would just happen instantly like this though. Or one of the plugs is failing (or even just some water under the cap). How old are your plugs? Pull them and inspect em. They will tell you the state of your engine.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
I notice my floorboards vibrate over 80 on some roads, but not all, so I think for me, it may have more to do with the surface of the road or maybe the wind on that day??? I notice it on I95, but not on I290???

I never noticed it at all with the stock grips on my bars. Is it possible removing them, and the end-weight, would cause me to feel more vibration on the floor boards? I don't feel this vibration on my highway bar mounted pegs, just the floorboards.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Wos1 said:
indymike said:
If the vibs went away with the clutch disengaged it is definitely in the motor somewhere. Either the valves are out of adjustment on one of the cylinders. Doubtful that it would just happen instantly like this though. Or one of the plugs is failing (or even just some water under the cap). How old are your plugs? Pull them and inspect em. They will tell you the state of your engine.
Most of us let the gas go when we disengage the clutch - did you maintain RPMS in the motor?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I pulled in the clutch to isolate the motor from the rest of the drivetrain. (I.E. tires driveshaft.) the vibration went away. then I reved the motor with the clutch in and the vibration was there. No vibration at idle. (coasting at about 60mph at this point) rev the engine again still with clutch in and the vibratioin comes back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
byteman said:
Wos1 said:
indymike said:
Most of us let the gas go when we disengage the clutch - did you maintain RPMS in the motor?
I didn't know that your supposed to let the gas go when you pull in the clutch! So whats the handle that looks like a clutch on right side. it seems to be some kinda brake or something because when I pull it, I slow down. (can you sense the sarcasim, because I'm laying it on pretty thick :lol: )

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Vibration

I noticed the vibration right away but I've had seven four-cylinder Hondas since 1960 and this is my first twin (C50C) so it vibrates almost as bad as a Harley that I rode.

I added the windshield, etc. so that doesn't help any.

My last bike was a Goldwing.

I also put some foot pegs on my crash bar and that really helps out on the big slab at high speed.

Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone noticed vibration in c50t floorbards above 60mph and up I have a new c50t and they vibrate is there anything I can do to help this?

I switched out my stock exhaust for cobra streetrod slashdowns. My floorboards vibrate so much itll cause my legs to go numb after distances. I may try the rubber washers to isolate the vibrations as well. I'll let ya know

1 - 20 of 23 Posts