Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are hoping to take a trip to western Vermont this Fall, probably prior to the onslaught of leaf-peepers.We plan to go mainly along Route 100 in the southern and central parts of the state. Anyone have any recommended routes for scenic riding?

Also, what are the top state parks to visit in those areas? I don't mind the $8.00 admission for the two of us for a decent park, but if some of them are just glorified rest areas, I'll pass on those.

Thanks for any info!

·
Super Moderator
4,320 Posts
Lots of good people/members in that area, sure someone will chime in soon! There's a big shindig next year in the Open Road/ schedule a ride section/ Yankee Rally 2020 in Lincoln, NH....Lots of cool kids supporting Ebwan magical mystery tour!! Join us? Ride safe! Best, D.

·
Super Moderator
20,114 Posts
you'll find rt 100 pretty scenic that time of year...if you're staying overnite/several days, I can recommend a great places to stay

https://kitzhof.com/

a few of us spent the weekend there in May and enjoyed ourselves, great hosts, cater to mc riders...nice breakfast that's included in your room rate...cozy place, firepit outside, free use of lounge and bar area in case the weather gets iffy. Tell them The Volusia Riders recommended them. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
After Labor Day, most of the park fees go away. At least they do here in NY. I'm in the Albany-Saratoga area of NY. You really can't go wrong with most of the roads in VT. And don't sell the Adirondacks short this time of year too!

·
Super Moderator
20,114 Posts
if there is a wife coming along on this trip you may want to allow for some time for her to visit The Vermont Country Store in Weston on Rt 100...woman love the place...lots of nostalgic items too.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
I'd hit Mt Equinox Skyline Drive - Toll road

Rt 9 between Bennington and Brattleboro, stop at Curtis BBQ for lunch while your in Brattleboro.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I like going to Ben and Jerry's and Cabot Cheese.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts