Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for anyones input on there Vance & Hines Straightshots or the Hard-Krome 3'' Big Straights

Looking to do this over my winter break from riding.

For just under $400 not a bad deal or for $465 Hard-Krome 3" Big Straights

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
You will find people who love both - it's mostly a matter of personal preference & what you can afford. Good luck!

Cricket

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines Straights or Hard-Krome 3'' Big Straig

cody1 said:
Im looking for anyones input on there Vance & Hines Straightshots or the Hard-Krome 3'' Big Straights

Looking to do this over my winter break from riding.

For just under $400 not a bad deal or for $465 Hard-Krome 3" Big Straights
cody1, I have the HK 3" Big Straights on and I LOVE them!!! They really go with the look of the bike and They are LOUD!! They will set off car alarms and scare little kids! You also have the option of changing the tips . They come with standard tips ,but you can buy slash cut or tapered ends to match your personal tastes. Also, the slash cuts can be used sideways OR down like our stock pipes.I would highly recommend them!You can go here to listen to sound clips of a Volusia with HK's on and Cobras. : http://gmims.tripod.com/suzukivolusia/ hope this helps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Straight shots

Take a look at my Straightshots. I like the shorter pipe.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines Straights or Hard-Krome 3'' Big Straig

For just under $400 not a bad deal or for $465 Hard-Krome 3" Big Straights[/quote]

I was just wondering where did you find HK 3" for 465, all I can find are about 100 bucks more than that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hard Krome

My neighbor has em and they rocks my socks unfortunately they don't make big straights for the c50 yet or I would own em now. Does anyone no why they don't fit the c50 but they will the Volusia ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
thumper said:
Cool I am placing an order, along with a Tornado air kit
Hey Thumper, Do you have Cobra bars on your bike ?, If so there is a clearance problem with the K&N Thunder supplies. There is a shorter one you can get from K&N, but I dont know the part number. If you go with the Tornado then you will have a problem with the cover for it if you wanted it. I was going to get the Tornado but have Cobra bars, so decided against it and ordered the vertical teardrop one with a black flame insert.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Danr said:
thumper said:
Hey Thumper, Do you have Cobra bars on your bike ?, If so there is a clearance problem with the K&N Thunder supplies. There is a shorter one you can get from K&N, but I dont know the part number. If you go with the Tornado then you will have a problem with the cover for it if you wanted it. I was going to get the Tornado but have Cobra bars, so decided against it and ordered the vertical teardrop one with a black flame insert.
As a matter a fat I don't have a Cobra bar, but I do have a Renegade Bar. Still going to have the same problem I guess. I don't think I will get the cover so I will have to look in to the shorter filter. If anybody knows the part # let me know. Does any body have pics of teaar drop one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thumper said:
Danr said:
thumper said:
Hey Thumper, Do you have Cobra bars on your bike ?, If so there is a clearance problem with the K&N Thunder supplies. There is a shorter one you can get from K&N, but I don't know the part number. If you go with the Tornado then you will have a problem with the cover for it if you wanted it. I was going to get the Tornado but have Cobra bars, so decided against it and ordered the vertical teardrop one with a black flame insert.
As a matter a fat I don't have a Cobra bar, but I do have a Renegade Bar. Still going to have the same problem I guess. I don't think I will get the cover so I will have to look in to the shorter filter. If anybody knows the part # let me know. Does any body have pics of tear drop one.

The K&N part number is SN-2580

·
Registered
346 Posts
I too am curious why the HK Big 3" are not available for the c50...they offer a 2.5" that is actually shorter..anyone have some insight? has it to do with the FI, or the only other thing I could figure was the actual size of the pipe interfering with the floorboards? any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
I can't imagine the installation / mounting would be any different from a Volusia. Unless there's something I don't know, the Volusia Big 3" Straights should be the same...

-Slim

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I see Oneida has the V&H str8's for $315.00.

That's $150 bux less than the HK's.

That makes a real difference.

Try the V&H and if you still want MORE volume, sell them and get the HK's.

~S

·
Registered
243 Posts
You gotta admit though...those big, fat pipes look sweet....the V&H look almost "toy motorcycle" side by side with them...almost....

My wife made up my mind for me, I showed her both without telling her the price, and she said the HK's looked better...then I told her about the price difference, and that they are LOUD... :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts