Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a set of Vance & Hines cruzers from Oneida. I was wondering if anyone has a sound clip of them with the baffles out, if not could someone tell me if they sound good with the baffles out or not. Thanks

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
You're going to find them very loud without the baffles (not that they aren't already very loud WITH them)!

Cricket

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my brother has a 2005 Harley Softail standard with Vance & Hines big radius pipes and I want to be able to match his loudness when we are just tooling around town.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Cricket said:
You're going to find them very loud without the baffles (not that they aren't already very loud WITH them)!Cricket
ditto.....what she said. I want to stay on the good side of my neighbors in my development....at least most of them. So I keep my Cruzer baffles in.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I have Cruzers on 03 Vol, jetted and unifilter. NO WAY will I take the baffles out. My b-i-l has an 05 C50 with cruzers and took the baffles out for about 5 mins and put them back in.

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
I had the Cruzers, it's not that they're THAT much louder without the baffles, it's just not a good sound. It's easy to do, one small screw and pull it out/put it back in. Give it a try and see what you think. The baffles in create a great crisp sound that really barks, without its sloppy, that's the best way I can describe it. It just sounds hollow and airy.

Wade

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have had my Vacne and Hines Cruzers for 3 months and if you want LOUD you got it. They are loud with or without the baffles...although you can get a tighter packed fiberglass kit online from "Customcrusiers" that is rated as 'quiet"...I got a pair (8 bucks a pipe) and there was almost no difference. I called them and got nowhere. The "head tech" (a super egotist) put it this way "If you want high performance pipes the Cruzers are going to do the job (I got mine jetted professionally and WOW what a difference in mid and high end. !! Beautiful....So I just keep the throttle low when I pull out of my neighborhood and then I roll it on. The pipes are so loud they trigger car alarms with ease. So if you don't like noise get a well muffled helmet or a different set of pipes...Pull the baffles from the stock pipes...no need to rejet and you get a considerable increase in low end (you will lose high end though). So it's your choice performance and noise or stock pipes without baffles, low end performance and pretty nice sound (I rode mine for 1500 miles and loved em...then I made the mistake of getting the Cruzers....but I like high performance so I will live with the noise (for now).

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
steveisuser said:
I have had my Vacne and Hines Cruzers for 3 months and if you want LOUD you got it. They are loud with or without the baffles...although you can get a tighter packed fiberglass kit online from "Customcrusiers" that is rated as 'quiet"...I got a pair (8 bucks a pipe) and there was almost no difference. I called them and got nowhere. The "head tech" (a super egotist) put it this way "If you want high performance pipes the Cruzers are going to do the job (I got mine jetted professionally and WOW what a difference in mid and high end. !! Beautiful....So I just keep the throttle low when I pull out of my neighborhood and then I roll it on. The pipes are so loud they trigger car alarms with ease. So if you don't like noise get a well muffled helmet or a different set of pipes...Pull the baffles from the stock pipes...no need to rejet and you get a considerable increase in low end (you will lose high end though). So it's your choice performance and noise or stock pipes without baffles, low end performance and pretty nice sound (I rode mine for 1500 miles and loved em...then I made the mistake of getting the Cruzers....but I like high performance so I will live with the noise (for now).
Being on the fair side here, althought the Cruzers have a nice bark, and get better with time, they are really not on the loud side when compared with MOST other pipes for the Vol. They are loud compared to the stock pipes, but stack them up against some 3" big straights or hard chromes, or mortons...then you'll hear loud!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies, I just want to make sure that they will be louder than my Jardine slashcuts which are not loud enough.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm getting confused. I had decided to get the Cruzers based on recommendations here that they sounded good and weren't real loud. Now, they are labeled as a mistake and too loud? I don't get it. Are they obnoxiously loud and a mistake or are they a little bit loud with a nice bark?

·
Registered
514 Posts
steveisuser said:
I have had my Vacne and Hines Cruzers for 3 months and if you want LOUD you got it. They are loud with or without the baffles...although you can get a tighter packed fiberglass kit online from "Customcrusiers" that is rated as 'quiet"...I got a pair (8 bucks a pipe) and there was almost no difference. I called them and got nowhere.
So who does have a quieter baffle kit for the Cruzers?

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
They're more than a little bit loud, but not obnoxiously loud. But someone else may feel different. This is one of those things that's entirely subjective.

Cricket

·
Super Moderator
56,229 Posts
boulevardvette said:
Thanks for all the replies, I just want to make sure that they will be louder than my Jardine slashcuts which are not loud enough.
So what are you going to do with the Jardines? and what year bike do you have them on? Just curious of course.

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
tps0424 said:
I'm getting confused. I had decided to get the Cruzers based on recommendations here that they sounded good and weren't real loud. Now, they are labeled as a mistake and too loud? I don't get it. Are they obnoxiously loud and a mistake or are they a little bit loud with a nice bark?
The are NOT obnoxious! They are louder than stock of course, about similiar to debaffled, maybe a bit louder, but with a very crisp bark. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My friend, I've had by Cruzers for a year now and I haven't removed the baffles. Anybody who rides behind me tells me they have a headache. I think they're loud nuff. Besides, the sound you get after you remove baffles gets Tinny and you change air restriction outflow, whatever the heck that is, but I think it affects your combustion and all that. 8)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The Volusianator said:
steveisuser said:
Being on the fair side here, althought the Cruzers have a nice bark, and get better with time, they are really not on the loud side when compared with MOST other pipes for the Vol. They are loud compared to the stock pipes, but stack them up against some 3" big straights or hard chromes, or mortons...then you'll hear loud!
Do the 3" big straight or hard kromes sound as crisp as the cruzers...I have only heard three other VOLS/C50's and two were stock, two were cruzers....but I like the look of the longer, straightline pipes but don't want to have a worse sound than I have now. I also like the Mortons, but I can imagine how loud they are.

·
Super Moderator
56,229 Posts
beezer said:
boulevardvette said:
So what are you going to do with the Jardines? and what year bike do you have them on? Just curious of course.
bump

1 - 17 of 17 Posts