Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided to go with the cruzers. Do I need to rejet? Which kit should i use to rejet? Change air filter? Anything else Ill need to do?
Im mechanically uninclined

·
Registered
514 Posts
When I got my Cruzers I rejetted and put a K&N Filter in. Made a big difference in performance. You will find most people here will recommend the same thing.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Same here, I had a set of stock pipes with the baffle pulled. I went to the Crruzers with a professional rejet and a K&N filter and after a few returns for tweaking the tech finally got the jetting right and the bike is running like a dream. Much better high end and much smoother too. The pipes were a bit of a shocker as I didn't expect the volume increase but once I got used to it and learned to roll the throttle off when I came into my neighborhood no one complained. With the stock pipes and no baffle at 70 the bike would work to pull itself...with the Cruzers and the K&N it will run at 75 all day long and 80 if I want a ticket. Make sure you jet it or you will run lean...it will sound fine but in reality it will be running hot as the old jets can't put out the gas the V&H pipes need. I also suggest you have a tech do it...the price is almost the same...eg...a jet kit will cost about 70 bucks and you gotta do it..pain in the ass. Bring it to a good shop they will charge 6 bucks for the jet and 2 hours labor @ 60 per hour so you pay 120 bucks for a pro to do the work for you. All you gotta do is pick up the bike and it will be running right...do it yourself and you may have to pull it apart a couple of times. The difference in the 50 bucks to have a pro do it is well worth it...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Cruzers, rejet, and uni-filter under the tank....I like nekked jugs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the V&H cruzers shipped from Oneida suzuki with a K&N airfilter. I ordered the jets from Motorcyclecarbs.com . Im gonna try to do the rejet on my own. Want to learn how to do it eventually so no time like the present. Wish me luck Im doin it Saturday. Just one question do you really drill out the brass screw? What size bit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts