Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
Bluto used to listen to the valves with a sword. He used to listen to Sister Moo's valves. Maybe Queen whatever's valves too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Going to pick up bike today, valve check/adjustment done.....will let you guys know result. Wish I had the skill and the nerve to do it myself like some of you guys but just don't have it LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
My c50 valves were checked twice over 13 years for valve clearance by two different Suzuki dealerships. Nope...they didn't check the valves by listening to them....LOL. They even provided me with the clearance numbers at the time. It's bad if you can't find a dealership mechanic that you can trust. I guess that means you'll always have to do all the work on your bike. I didn't buy my bike to become a grease monkey. I bought it to ride and enjoy. I do all of the normal maintenance, but I'm not going to become anal over my motorcycle and spend all my free time doing major maintenance or repairs. The bike serves me, I don't serve the bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Going to pick up bike today, valve check/adjustment done.....will let you guys know result. Wish I had the skill and the nerve to do it myself like some of you guys but just don't have it LOL
Well....picked up bike. Mechanic, which I do trust, said bike was within specs. He said there is a range for the valves and as long as it's within that range he doesn't do anything. 150 dollars. Said he had to move radiator to get to front jug.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
The specification for the exhaust and intake are as follows:
Exhaust - .007 - .009
Intake - .003 - .005

Rule of thumb being if the valves were "in range" but closer to the minimum spec, then they should have been adjusted. When adjusted, it is best to set them to the maximum clearance, for the longest service interval.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts