Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone send me a copy?

[email protected]

I need something to copy to modify and mount by HD lowers.

I have Memphis Fats detachable windshield and will need to brainstorm a solution.

I also heard that there is only one place to get the VA clamps and that is from VA.
I find that hard to believe nowadays since you can buy almost anything from the internet.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Here are the instruction from the Valu Accessories site. I put in the link also so you can see some pictures. I bought some and have them at the other house. I'm heading there tomorrow and I'll open them and see what the instructions are like. If no one has posted them by then I'll fix you up then. :wink:

Installation Instructions:
* Remove the original bolt from the triple tree.
* Insert the spacer in the bolt hole of the triple tree.
* Use the 10mm bolt and the washer (supplied) to hold the deflector on top (see photo). Note: Do not tighten bolt yet.
* Remove the protective paper from the clamp and install rubber bands on the clamp (may require 2 thicknesses).
* Install the clamp on the fork and attach the deflector as shown in illustration.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1353

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics

Thanks Studley 8)

The website does not have close up pics.

I look forward to your pics. I'm curious to see how the top part mounts. The HD lowers will need to be modified for sure, possible dremel cutting.

I'm hoping that once I get a good look at the clamps and part# (hopefully) I can find some to buy.

I have also read in another post that VA will only sell replacement parts to existing VA lower owners.
The lower clamps look like the best solution for mouting my HD lowers (at least secuing the bottom portion).

If so, maybe I can get you to do me a favor and purchase for me. I can send money ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Ok I dug mine up but you may not be too happy. The upper portion of the VA lower shield just mounts with a bolt thru a tab on the top of shield. The bottom of the lowers shield is held on by a strap that goes around the fork tube.

I'm assuming the lower mount is what your wanting pics of? It's nothing more than a flat piece of metal curved to fit the fork tube. A bolt goes thru the end and a hole in the bottom of the lower itself. I'm down loading some pics and will get them up here in a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Here you go. The first is pictures of shield and the top and bottom mounts.

This one is of the metal "clamps" as the term them with is nothing more that a strip of metal with holes in the ends. You put a thin rubber strip on the inside of these to protect the fork tube finish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts