Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local BS installed my V&H"s SS"s (w/o baffles) last week + K&N AF with a rejet. DAMMMMMMMMMMN! They"re loud! Atomic bomb loud. If I put the baffles back in, will I need to rejet?

·
Registered
272 Posts
So there's not much of a difference with them in?
That I don't know as I've never run the motor with them out. All I know is that they were to loud for my liking so I installed Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles. I think they will be plenty loud enough for you with the V&H baffles re-installed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is quite a bit of a difference. I took them out just once and thought the neighbors were going to kill me. So they went back in. Have to keep the peace.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm putting the stock baffles in tomorrow. I can't get out the neighborhood without leveling houses. I've seen videos of folks wrapping baffles with fiberglass or some other white fabric. Is this necessary? Or can I insert the naked stock baffles directly into the pipes? I imagine I can, I just want to be sure they're not going to cause excessive heat build up and discolor the chrome.

·
Registered
624 Posts
V&H make a quiet baffle that has a the fiberglass wrapping around them, and a more restrictive end than normal baffles.
The normal baffles you have are basically straight thru with cuts in the pipe to disrupt the air flow.
I had straight shots one my honda aero, and same as you freakin loud without baffles, the quiet baffles made a big difference.

Found a pic off a hd site

And a video comparing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts