Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 C50T equipped with the Vance & Hines Longshots and love it. I am planning on removing the baffles on the pipes and may buy a K & N filter. Will this require the fuel injector modification? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ivan Awfulitch

·
Registered
216 Posts
I believe that the fuel computer will make the necessary adjustments for you.

I had to make adjustments after similar modifications, but I'm riding an '03 Volusia, which has a carb. instead of fuel injection.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was one who though that changing pipes alone would not require a FI computer. But after riding with my Straightshots for a couple of weeks I ordered a Power Commander.

The bike runs OK, but backfires a lot and pops a lot on deceleration. I disabled the PAIR valve and it helped, but it didn't fix the problem.

I believe that some bikes need a FI computer with new pipes and some don't, but I'm pretty sure that new pipes and a new air filter will need a FI computer.

BTW, my Power Commander goes on tomorrow, I'll post results.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ivanawfulitch said:
I just bought a 2005 C50T equipped with the Vance & Hines Longshots and love it. I am planning on removing the baffles on the pipes and may buy a K & N filter. Will this require the fuel injector modification? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ivan Awfulitch
Vance and Hines don't make the long shots for the vol/c50.
My guess is they are the straight shots.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C50T Vance & Hines Pipes

Whoops. That's what I meant. Thanks.

Ivan Awfulitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts