Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the seats off recently and I didn't see anything aftermarket besides the o2 sensor cables that have been plugged. Can anyone give me some guidance here thanks.
-Edmond

ps: what is that big space behind the RH plastic side cover? looks like a cylinder goes there.

I hope my bike is not running in closed loop. I am getting around 130miles from full to blinking light. Seems normal from what I have read due to the circumstances; a heavy throttle, winter gas, low temps (around degrees).

Attachments

·
Registered
19,519 Posts
Those are not o2 sensors. The one is the dealer service port, to provide diagnostic data. The other, I believe is part of the california emissions system, which your bike does not have. If the PO added a fuel processor, you will see it under the seat and attached to the fuel injectors at the top of the engine. The fuel processor is going to be a rectangular or square box with leads going to the battery and to the fuel injectors. Yes, they are needed if you are going to start swapping stock parts for aftermarket parts too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are not o2 sensors. The one is the dealer service port, to provide diagnostic data. The other, I believe is part of the california emissions system, which your bike does not have. If the PO added a fuel processor, you will see it under the seat and attached to the fuel injectors at the top of the engine. The fuel processor is going to be a rectangular or square box with leads going to the battery and to the fuel injectors. Yes, they are needed if you are going to start swapping stock parts for aftermarket parts too.
Ok thanks for the info. Maybe it is under the plastic vanity cover around the battery? We shall see when I have the tank off and do the spark plugs soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike has no fuel processor. Here are some pics of the plugs. Does it look like it is running too lean?

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
If all the original owner changed was the pipes, no need for a fuel controller/processor (those are only needed if the intake is changed). Cant help with the plugs...I have 100,000+ miles on my 2007 C50 with original plugs...never have looked at them..runs fine...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If all the original owner changed was the pipes, no need for a fuel controller/processor (those are only needed if the intake is changed). Cant help with the plugs...I have 100,000+ miles on my 2007 C50 with original plugs...never have looked at them..runs fine...
Great to know. Less parts to buy is always a good thing for me. Less purchases to justify to the ex young lady...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow the manual says to swap plugs at 7500 miles. They are so cheap I am going to follow suit. Plus when I am in there I can change out the coolant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts