Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that it's probably not a good idea to leave them plugged in! :nono:

My bike has been sitting for about a week and a half and she was a no go last evening :?

I had no device attached but I guess the L E D plus what ever is going on inside the charger, still has enough draw to cause trouble.

·
Registered
19,530 Posts
The USB charger will pull a constant 5v dc at whatever current it is rated for. That can kill your battery in a matter of days. I put mine on a switched circuit to protect the battery.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were you riding when David flung that rock at you?

There you go hi-jackin" my threads again!!:wink2:

The USB charger will pull a constant 5v dc at whatever current it is rated for. That can kill your battery in a matter of days. I put mine on a switched circuit to protect the battery.

It's nice to be able to charge something like your scala while stopped for lunch. Either way you hook it up, I guess some new habits would have to be formed.

·
Super Moderator
57,649 Posts
I'm trying to get the timing right here. You usually don't start 2 threads at 1 time. How many bikes do you ride currently?

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm trying to get the timing right here. You usually don't start 2 threads at 1 time. How many bikes do you ride currently?

Only the Valkyrie :scoot: ...... I guess that's one .... 1.

How's married life?

Absolutely wonderful!!! Yeah me! :applause:
Thanks for asking.

In regards to the USB, survey says: if you don't feel like using it don't stick it in :p

Agreed....go figure! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is just as likely is that your battery is weak and may need to be replaced. You should check the battery voltage next time before you start it up. I won’t go into the voltage details here. You can find that info online.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I leave mine plugged in, however bike is on a trickle charger that's on a timer each day for 4 hours. You shouldn't have to worry about it i.e. when you stop for a few hours, if your battery is that weak it's gonna leave you stranded soon regardless.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is just as likely is that your battery is weak and may need to be replaced. You should check the battery voltage next time before you start it up. I won’t go into the voltage details here. You can find that info online.
I believe my battery recovered.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts