Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the left coast and just had to tell someone about the rides I had.... When my son picked me up at San francisco airport he told me that he had rented me a bike for the weekend.(He has a Vol.)When we got to his place we had to go for a quick ride.- It was only midnight ! He had rented me a Kaw. 800 Classic. The same bike I used to have.The next morning we headed for Alice's Restaurant (you know Arlo Guthrie song).After a quick lunch and a short discussion with a local crotch rocket pilot about how his safety suit (looked like a power ranger to me) we headed across the ridges towards Half Moon Bay and then south on US 1.What a awesome view of the Ocean?!!! We stopped and took some pictures,continued to Santa Cruz and then back over the mountains to home.The next day we went north past San Francisco and up over Us 1 again.It took us about an hour to go about 25 miles because of all the twisties and the fact that I couldn't stop gawking at the view of the ocean.We turned around and headed south through San Fran. down to rte 9. ( La Honda?) and back over the mountains to home.On Monday we headed back over rte 9 to US1 and south to Monterrey. The wind was blowing so hard for about 20 miles I swear that my left peg was scraping the whole time.We made it home after dark.We put about 600 miles on that rental bike and I loved it every minute of it.The weather was great,the views and twisties were awesome and the company was fantastic! Best of all my son will be flying in next week and we'll be riding to Thunder in The Valley. Life is good Paul

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
You went to Santa Cruz and you didn't go to MariAnne's Ice Cream and get me some Alice B. Toklas Brownie Fudge Ice Cream?? :evil: Man, that makes me miss living there for a minute! lol That part of living there was fun...it was all the stinking traffic every single day getting to anywhere fun that was bad. I know you had an AWESOME ride and I was actually picturing it all in my mind while I was reading it. Thanks for the virtual ride :wink: Pretty neat to go up to Alice's restaurant huh?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yup! fun ride. I haven't been up there for quite a while now, maybe next year. One of the things I like about the central coast is about the same type of riding but less traffic.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sounds like a great ride, but concerning the title of the thread -- Since when did they take US 1 and move it from the East Coast to the West Coast? Did I not get the memo or something?

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Sounds like a great ride.

Is that Greensburg, PA?

Cricket

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Wanted said:
Sounds like a great ride, but concerning the title of the thread -- Since when did they take US 1 and move it from the East Coast to the West Coast? Did I not get the memo or something?
US1 / US101 California to Washington

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been riding Skyline Blvd which intersects Hwy 9 in the Santa Cruz mountains. IMO, Hwy 9 and Skyline Blvdoffers some of the best twisties in central Ca.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:( Sorry about the rte 1/101 confusion. I was going past the rte signs too fast to notice the difference.Yes that is Greensburg Pa.Pictures are in personal gallery.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Several years ago I was out that way on a busines trip and I spent part of my off-time driving along rt 1 in a rental car. I wished it was a convertable. Now that I am motorcycle-certified (so to speak), I would love to ride that highway sometime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts