Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.Hardbags.com

I have recommended these bags on several occasions on here, and due to an experience yesterday, my recommendations are solidified. Here is a copy of the email I sent to Robert, the owner of Whittco Enterprises that makes the bags, and a couple of responses. It's hard to find stand up companies these days and as much as we bitch about the bad ones, I think it is only fair to share positive experiences as well. JR

Quoting Jeremy Ruth <[email protected]>:

Hello Robert,

I was curious if it was possible to get a replacement set of the
hinges for my hardbags. One of mine is bent and has a small crack
some dummy left one open and the lid flapped around for a couple of
miles at 70 + mph before he (um, I) realized it) and I can't find
anything local with the same hole pattern or width.

If it is possible, just let me know how much and I can paypal and get
you my address.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:28 AM
To: Jeremy Ruth
Subject: Re: Bag Hinges

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry to hear about your hinge trouble. I used a couple different hinges and don't know which I used on your bags. Sounds like it may be the aluminum ones since it cracked. If you would, measure the distance between the bolts in the lid, center to center, as well as the measurement on the bolts that hold the lid to the bottom section. That will tell me for sure which hinge to send you.

There will be no charge for the hinges. Just send your address along with the measurements.

thanks
Robert

Quoting Jeremy Ruth <[email protected]>:

Thanks for replacing the hinges...that was not what I expected and am more than willing to pay for them. This gesture just solidifies even further my recommendation of your bags to anyone that asks for referrals on www.volusiariders.com or any where else for that matter. Great product from a great company and owner.

The hinges do appear to be aluminum with two holes on the outer edge of each side of the hinge. Both sides measure 3 1/2" on center and if you need a picture of the hinge I can get you one.

My address is XXXXXXXXXXX, Greenwood, AR, 72936

Thanks again,

Jeremy

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
:applause: Always refreshing to hear about the good ones!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Nice to see a vendor backing up his product. makes for repeat and refence customers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts