Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an Ogio tail bag. How do these tail bags, or any tail bags for that instance, connect? Do they need a luggage rack? Mounting clips of some kind? Do you just wrap the straps under the rear seat? Take off the seat and strap under the rear fender?

·
Super Moderator
21,093 Posts
looks like a decent buy...surprised it didn't come w/some sort of install directions but the guy seems to have figured out a good way to secure it safely to the rear seat.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If it doesn't I've got an older Saddleman Tail Bag I'd let go, for cheap. It's only really good for running errands and tossing small things in and your jacket if you started on a cool morning and need to shed layers during the ride. I'm looking at getting a Kury Expanding tail bag.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the Ogio expandable tail bag. Used the trick in the video oldenslow posted. Worked great, or at least good enough for the time being. Can fit my regular riding gloves, my big "cold morning" gloves, a pair of shorts for work, my lunch kit, jacket liner and hoodie for the afternoon ride home. Sun glasses in the side pocket. Seat drying rag and a couple other small things in the other side pocket. Highly recommend. Rain cover is great as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts