Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD SOLD Whatever you want to call them, I have a set of them for an 07' C50. I got them from Oneida about 6 months ago and I've probably put about 2000 miles on the bike since I got them. I contacted them about what brand they are. I thought they were Cobra but I am not really sure. I guess we will find out. I am putting on forward controls and dont need or want them on the bike anymore. There is some very light scratching where the highway pegs were mounted and just a few little nicks in the area where they bolt up with the floorboards. I am guessing this is from rocks kicking up and dinging them, very small. They are in great condition otherwise. I tried to get some good pictures of them but apparently it is hard to take pictures of chrome.
I would like to get $120 for them shipped within the US. I am willing to ship out of the US but I would need to get you a shipping quote first. I am also willing to sell them for $100 locally to someone who can pick them up.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Maybe it's just the angle of the pic but they look like MC Enterprise bars not Cobra. Will make a difference if someone wants to buy bar chaps in the future for them.

·
Super Moderator
25,212 Posts
Maybe it's just the angle of the pic but they look like MC Enterprise bars not Cobra. Will make a difference if someone wants to buy bar chaps in the future for them.
I think it's because they're upside down in the pic. They look just like my Cobras.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added another pic of them on the bike, only one I could find. Pretty sure they are Cobras. I remeber ordering them from Oneida and I couldn't find the MC's on their site.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I agree with Jen they look like MC enterprise bars

·
Registered
19,518 Posts
Cobra Freeway Bars for the C50/Vol have more of a rounded top.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, this has really turned into a "I know my bars and this is what they are!" thread hasn't it?
To clear up any confusion on either side I have searched through my paypal history and found a reciept for the payment to Oneidasuzuki. However it is just a payment it doesnt show a brand or even what part was ordered for that matter. I have emailed them with the transaction specifics and hope to get a reply sometime today to clear this up. Regardless, these bars are still for sale Cobra or MC Enterprises same price. I will find out what they are soon enough.

·
Registered
19,518 Posts
Well, it DOES matter to anyone who wants to put highway chaps on their bars, as the chaps made for the MC bars will not fit the COBRA bars and vice-versa. When you offer something for sale as X and it turns out to be Y, then you can end up with a pretty irked customer...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never said it DIDN'T matter what brand they were, and I DO understand why it would be important. I am looking into it to be sure for anyone who might want to buy them, as I already stated in my previous post. Thank you for your concern.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Not Cobra. The pick is upside down if Cobra. . Bottom brackets on Cobra are only 4.5" apart

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Not Cobra. The pick is upside down if Cobra. . Bottom brackets on Cobra are only 4.5" apart
I agree, the top portion of the bars on Cobra are not angled as the OP has shown pics.

·
Super Moderator
25,212 Posts
You're right! I looked at the top pic and thought they were Cobra sitting upside down, but the pic of them on the bike shows the cut out section on the bottom. Cobra bars are exactly the opposite, those brackets that stick out go on the bottom with the cut out section swinging up and attaching to the bike on either side of the radiator. I won't swear that they're MC, but they are not Cobra.

·
Super Moderator
25,212 Posts
Wow, this has really turned into a "I know my bars and this is what they are!" thread hasn't it?
Yes! This is probably the most entertaining post I've seen on here in a while.

:wayhappy:

Hey! It's a motorcycle forum and it's winter, we need entertainment!

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
20,184 Posts
It is simple enugh . get the stamped number offthe bars and go to oneida and do a search for the number under each manufacturer .

·
Registered
138 Posts
Your #1 picture of the Highway Bars appears to be upside down. On my Cobras the open end attaches the top of the frame, the cross bar to the bottom of the frame under the radiator.

Hey, after looking at the picture you added that showed them mounted on your bike, I hafta apologize as the cross bar is mounted across the "top", just the opposite of my 2005 C50 Cobras. :bigoops:

P.S. Also included a picture of my Cobra Highway Bars that I installed a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I went out and checked for a stamped number, none to be found.
I tried to put them on with the opening at the top like in the picture above, on the sides of the radiator and it wont work because they sit too low. Still waiting on an email from Oneida. I will change the title to UNKOWN, until it is know.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I just put a set from MC ENT on my Intruder. They were engineered perfectly. Make sure all the brackets and bolts are there.

Kinda hard not to have the brackets. They are welded to the bars. Bolts are on the bike. He's not trying to install, he's trying to ID.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Can these be mutazu bars?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The brackets fit around the back side of the frame and attach to the welded on flange, so they are very necessary. The engine mount bolt will also need to be longer, and there may be some spacers needed there too. I am just saying that if these are MC ENT then getting all the hardware is critical b

1 - 20 of 23 Posts