Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting things lined up for the final Rolling Thunder in DC next weekend. The national chapter announced last December that this would be the last year and they were stepping down.

In preparation for the trip, I ordered a 13l tank bag to fit onto my CTX. Since it has nothing but tupperware as far as the eye can see, I cannot use a magnetically attached bag and am limited in my choices. On the Faceplant CTX forum, another owner has this really slick tankbag setup that attaches to a locking ring which he secured to his fuel door. I thought, "that's just what I need!" and ordered it.

The bag arrived on Saturday. The locking ring is MIA. Not in the box, not in the bag, not even listed on the packing list. I have to call them later this morning to figure out why they completely failed to ship one of the most critical parts of the order and what they plan to do to get me one before Weds.

I know better than to trust online vendors like this, but I cannot find the bag anywhere locally, so it had to be ordered regardless.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I'm getting things lined up for the final Rolling Thunder in DC next weekend. The national chapter announced last December that this would be the last year and they were stepping down.

In preparation for the trip, I ordered a 13l tank bag to fit onto my CTX. Since it has nothing but tupperware as far as the eye can see, I cannot use a magnetically attached bag and am limited in my choices. On the Faceplant CTX forum, another owner has this really slick tankbag setup that attaches to a locking ring which he secured to his fuel door. I thought, "that's just what I need!" and ordered it.

The bag arrived on Saturday. The locking ring is MIA. Not in the box, not in the bag, not even listed on the packing list. I have to call them later this morning to figure out why they completely failed to ship one of the most critical parts of the order and what they plan to do to get me one before Weds.

I know better than to trust online vendors like this, but I cannot find the bag anywhere locally, so it had to be ordered regardless.
We are most sorry about this inconvenient oversight.
Please allow 6-8 weeks.....

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Number two reason I hate ordering from the interwebs.

Reactions: scorpion46

·
Super Moderator
58,187 Posts
I usually never have a problem with online orders John. I'm thinking you didn't order the optional locking ring when you placed your order ;)

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
I usually never have a problem with online orders John. I'm thinking you didn't order the optional locking ring when you placed your order ;)

Yes, most of the ones I looked at (for my Versys LT) did not have the ring with the bag. It was an "extra" item. Thankfully the "V" has a metal tank (plastic fairings all around however) so all I had to do was find a bag that "fit" the size of the tank.

Good luck......

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I saw that when I placed the order and made sure to include the locking ring. It just didn't ship. So far, I've gotten several apologies, but no lock ring.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Really? Hell I was joking. Why wouldn't they just include it?
It's kinda like batteries Beezer.
They're not always included.:grin2:

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's pretty dumb too. A $43 half moon plastic piece that bolts to my gas cap cover. Last email from them said it is shipping today and will be here by Wednesday. They refunded part of my original shipping charge and are not charging me to ship the ring a second time.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Yeah! Before John pops a cap in their ass!
It's most likely the world famous Volusia forum presence that made the difference.

Reactions: beezer

·
Administrator
29,621 Posts

What a bummer. Twisted throttle has always done me right. They are a go to vendor for the ADV crowd...

Mystery, get it? A lot of people think that’s funny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts