Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I just removed OEM turn-signals - very ugly in my opinion - and put some bullet-signals, the problem is they have only one wire, not two like OEMs. How can I connect them?

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
chopper_savage said:
Hello!
I just removed OEM turn-signals - very ugly in my opinion - and put some bullet-signals, the problem is they have only one wire, not two like OEMs. How can I connect them?
chances are the one wire is hot, and the ground is the mounting point. Just take a test light and find out which of the 2 wires is hot and wire that one to the wire on your turn.

Someone else should verify this info, but thats the route id go.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ive replaced my rear turns twice, and both have had two wires, hot and ground. i did a continuity test to see which was which, and connected them.

ive never used a single wire unit, didnt think it would actually work with the way the wire setup is done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I modified once two one-wired bullet-style turn signals on my old LS 650 Savage - basically i soldered one more wire, the ground on the lightbulb socket, but i thought there must be a simpler way...

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
i really dont see why you need to solder another wire..... where do you want to mount these signals? every wiring diagram i am seeing just supports what said earlier that you dont need to have a 2nd wire. the mounting point should be the ground.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just mounted them in the OEM turn signals original place. I will check the cables.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
The housing where it bolts down is your ground. The 1 hot wire to the headlight bucket for the power to your turn signal.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it just seems the wiring is against the common sense... The case is not acting like ground, I guess the turn signal unit needs ground from every lamp, that's why they put 2 wires on each. That's a twisted jap mind, I presume...

·
Registered
675 Posts
My bullet license plate lights have only one wire, they work just fine. Make sure you get good contact with metal, srape a little paint from the back side of the mounting point if you have to so the nut makes contact with the bare metal. it should work. maybe try connecting the ground wire from the harness to some point on the metal just to be sure but it should not be necessary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts