Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 Volusia . when I turn the ignition on , the turn signal light on the speedo face flickers . the 4 ways work , but the turn signal lights don't always blink and my highway lights don't come on at all . I rode the bike the other day and all was good . I just noticed that when the light flickers on the speedo face the right rear signal flickers also

·
Premium Member
14,414 Posts
Check the 4 way flasher switch flick it back and forth several times. If it is sticking a little it can cause that symptom. Also check/swap the bulbs. The fronts are 1157 and rears are 1156

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The 4way switch seems fine .smooth as it always was . I did find the problem seems to be the right side . when the panel light flickers the right side signals follow suit . maybe the flasher ?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Could be a loose ground wire in the headlight bucket. Check all the connections in there with the lights on and see if anything flickers.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked al the wires in the bucket , nothing . pulled the flasher , no change . now its getting to the right side turn lights staying on all the time .Volusia may be on to something . if I flip the 4way switch back and fourth a bunch of times the problem goes away for a while up until the last time I tried it and it did nothing to stop the problem

·
Registered
390 Posts
2004 Volusia . when I turn the ignition on , the turn signal light on the speedo face flickers . the 4 ways work , but the turn signal lights don't always blink and my highway lights don't come on at all . I rode the bike the other day and all was good . I just noticed that when the light flickers on the speedo face the right rear signal flickers also
A classic case of low blinker fluid. When was the last time you added some?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,414 Posts
Have you swapped the bulbs? If not move the left front bulb to the right front socket. Becuase they are dual filament a bad bulb can still light.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Volusia wins the prize (if there was one ) the 1157 was bad . I never would have thought of that , thanks buddy I owe you a beer . you just have to come to Pa to get it .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts