Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - tried the search function to no avail

I'm planning on installing the Kuryakyn turn signal convertor, but first need to find either Red lenses or Clear lenses with red bulbs.

Finding them locally would be ideal, but I will order them if necessary.

Where does everyone buy them???

Haven't even looked yet at how the lenses come off.

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Looks like mod fever is breaking out in Southern New England - again :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
aren't you "bears " supposed to be out of hibernation and RIDING?

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been out riding every day - took today off of work to go golfing with my son. Heading out in a few minutes. When I get back it's off on the bike with Mmmagicfingers.

Life is tough!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The c50/C90 lenses are the same.. I modified mine using "trailer clearance lenses from Oriely Auto parts.. They are bullet shaped in red & clear.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v356/bfo/RED SIGNAL MOD/?albumview=slideshow]

Capt Cruiser said:
Ok - tried the search function to no avail

I'm planning on installing the Kuryakyn turn signal convertor, but first need to find either Red lenses or Clear lenses with red bulbs.

Finding them locally would be ideal, but I will order them if necessary.

Where does everyone buy them???

Haven't even looked yet at how the lenses come off.[/quote}]

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
those do look pretty good!! Especially w/ the lens shields.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Yes I like the look of those!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
wonder if you could find therm in amber?

I went to company site and searched and can't find them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Turn signal lights

Hey, Box, I sent him a PM to Geeshwing asking for the website and where he got them but he states you can get those lights at any auto parts store that sells trailer lights. I plan to do that today so see what happens on my local area search.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Not at NAPPA, AUTOZONE OR ADVANCE AUTO PARTS sites

edit. tried several more sites. Nadda!

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
i wouldn't mind some of those! how do they attach?

speaking of which... capt cruiser you asked how to replace the lenses...

use the hair dryer! i spent way too much time and cussing trying to get my lenses off the housing, and on the last one, after i was just about drained, my sweetie decides to offer the advice, "why don't you try the hair dryer like you did on the stickers?" ding! comes right off when you heat the glue. ;)

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow...pretty impressed with the shipping. They are in California, I'm on the other coast, and they got here today.

The lens assembly comes out with one screw, give it a little twist and it comes right out. I only changed the front out, as I don't have red bulbs for the back yet.

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speaking of the rear - the yellow bulbs supplied are 1156. Without heading out, does this mean I have to change out the rear light sockets to accept a 1157 bulb???? Or do I still use a 1156 and the controller takes care of the rest????

Edit/Update - found the answer. It uses the 1156 bulb - whew, was not wanting to rewire another socket in there.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Capt Cruiser said:
The lens assembly comes out with one screw, give it a little twist and it comes right out. I only changed the front out, as I don't have red bulbs for the back yet.
:oops: i didn't think about the fact you were changing the whole lens assembly. i was still thinking of when i had to seperate the lens from the reflector to be able to get leds in there.

hope you enjoy them!

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now to find Red bulbs locally. Mmmagicfingers is out looking for them. None at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, or NAPA. All they have are LED lights which are too big.

Hate to have to order online but I think thats what I'm going to have to do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts