Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking I want to listen to music when I ride . What do you use ? Im not sure what would be best to use .

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Must be riding season...I was just croozing some of the bike sound sites myself.

Looks like 250 or higher for a decent system.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
I been thinking about getting some tunes too. Seems the decision between in helmet or bike mount speakers would be how loud are the pipes.

True?

·
Administrator
53,914 Posts
This is the old fashioned style, and not very popular these days, but it's loud enough and rock solid dependable. I've had this unit over 3 years now, and it's had the crap beat out of it, and still works great.
Road Radio Link

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
the_snake1201 said:
PhL0aTeR said:
ipod plus helmet speakers
Why speakers instead of just earbuds? Better sound? Easier to hear outside noise/traffic?
good earbuds are expensive, decent helmet speakers are cheap, and are better than cheap earbuds....

more specifically, the earbuds that came with the ipod wont stay in my ear when i don my full face helmet. so id have to try and jam a finger in there and correct it.... with the helmet speakers, you slide the helmet on, theres a plug near the helmet (i had mine exit out the strap cover) and plug it in and go. just a lot less headache than with the earbuds and just as loud.

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
I have system from autocom. It has an IPOD input and has extremely high quality sound in a helmet based speaker. It also automatically reduces volume when the intercom or telephone or GPS is talking. I've really enjoyed it. I've never used any of the other stuff that came with it but I truly enjoy the music quality that comes out. The only drawback is that its expensive. I probably would find good helmet speakers and put my Ipod in my jacket

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i use mp3 sunglasses. great to listen to and polarized sunglasses too. great all around although they could be a little louder with the staightshot pipes i have.

·
Registered
825 Posts
?? Where's the best place for helmet speakers? I use earbuds, but they almost rip my ears off when the full face comes off!

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
jeffmack--with your bluetooth setup, what type of helmet do you wear?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
CndWrangler said:
?? Where's the best place for helmet speakers? I use earbuds, but they almost rip my ears off when the full face comes off!
I've bought a couple sets from this vendor: Helmet Audio

They have pretty good merchandise and decent service.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
PhL0aTeR said:
the_snake1201 said:
PhL0aTeR said:
ipod plus helmet speakers
Why speakers instead of just earbuds? Better sound? Easier to hear outside noise/traffic?
good earbuds are expensive, decent helmet speakers are cheap, and are better than cheap earbuds....

more specifically, the earbuds that came with the ipod wont stay in my ear when i don my full face helmet. so id have to try and jam a finger in there and correct it.... with the helmet speakers, you slide the helmet on, theres a plug near the helmet (i had mine exit out the strap cover) and plug it in and go. just a lot less headache than with the earbuds and just as loud.
ok. i'll agree on your point about them hurting or not fitting right w/full face helmet. I'm gonna do what another member posted here: http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=22215&highlight=ear+helmet+velcro
with a set of old 'hook over the ear' type sponge covered cirlce ear phones i happen to have laying around my house already.

But GOOD spongy ear PLUG type ear buds are NOT expensive. You can get KOSS (radio shack, target) or JVC marshmallows (walmart) for anywhere from $13 - $19 range. I LOVE MY Koss ear phones. They are NOT 'buds', but look like actual SOUND ear PLUGS, and they even have a mute button inline on the chords.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts