Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pass the time, I mean? I originally ordered bags on 4/4 and then it got cancelled by the merchant. I re-ordered them this last weekend from PhatPerformance.....and I've heard/read everything from 2-5 weeks for delivery. :curse: :brick: I feel like it's Dec 1 and I know I'm getting something cool for Christmas!

How much longer, Papa Smurf?!?!?

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
I bought them from another member...only had to wait a couple days... :D

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiseguydave said:
I bought them from another member...only had to wait a couple days... :D
Yeah, well...I'm sure some will magically show up in Swap Meet about 3 days after mine arrive.... :D

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
After I get a replacement top, or i fix mine myself they are going up for sale on the site... :shock: :wink:

But someone already has first dibs...

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
:D :D :D Mine came yesterday :D :D :D

Oh, sorry TNrookie :oops:

I ordered from Phat on 3/4 and was told 2 weeks. Then after 3 weeks was told any day. So after 1 month and 11 days (not that I was counting) the Fed Ex guy arrived. My leather strong bags are awesome. However the bag guards were missing :cry: :cry: Phat said they're either in the container, NOT, or haven't come in from Japan.
Unfortunately we're going on a trip this weekend, and I don't want to rush the install.
So Rookie try to be patient. I checked my credit card for the charge about 5 times a day. It didn't show up until after Phat shipped them.
They will come.
Robyn

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
homless said:
After I get a replacement top, or i fix mine myself they are going up for sale on the site... :shock: :wink:

But someone already has first dibs...
:D

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
I am really shocked some merchant does not stock these bags here in the states. I'm thinking for a smany people who order them they would make a killing being able to ship them right away vs the 4-6 week wait. I was considering ordering some until I go to that long wait. I passed... :(

The bags I ended up ordereing in late March arrived today, after only a three week wait.

:wayhappy: :wayhappy: :wayhappy: :wayhappy: :wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
They are from Hong Kong BTW.
That's what the shipping manifest said on mine when I got mine at lower price and discount last november.
Got them straight from the company. took about month to get the order filled but 3.5 days to be shipped to my house.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Got mind in about 3 weeks from VA. He said he has them in stock.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob 61 said:
I ordered from Phat on 3/4 and was told 2 weeks. Then after 3 weeks was told any day. So after 1 month and 11 days (not that I was counting) the Fed Ex guy arrived.
That is so not what I wanted to hear! :D Using that formula I'm looking at May 23, which is a week after the BVR Rally which I plan on attending. :brick: We'll see...

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still waiting..... (Colleen, where's that jpg of the cricket chirping?!)

We're now in our 6th week since ordering....Emailed Phat last week and said, "Is there not ANY way to get an update on this? Are you telling me you have no way to track it and won't know anything until it shows up?" Reply I got was "Any attempt to find out this information from the manufacturer is an exercise in futility."

Somebody on a VTX this weekend at the BVR rally had them, so I checked out my soon-to-be bags. Nice. Then he tells me that he ordered straight from Tsukayu and had them in 2 weeks. :curse:

I was prepared for a wait. Phat originally said, "Our experience is a solid 4-5 weeks." Still trying to figure out why the bags don't come straight to me. But I'm getting anxious and am quickly approaching impatient. :roll: . . .

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
BTW TNrookie I orderd mine direct from Tsukayu. came like I said up post.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
TNrookie said:
Still waiting..... (Colleen, where's that jpg of the cricket chirping?!)

We're now in our 6th week since ordering....Emailed Phat last week and said, "Is there not ANY way to get an update on this? Are you telling me you have no way to track it and won't know anything until it shows up?" Reply I got was "Any attempt to find out this information from the manufacturer is an exercise in futility."

Somebody on a VTX this weekend at the BVR rally had them, so I checked out my soon-to-be bags. Nice. Then he tells me that he ordered straight from Tsukayu and had them in 2 weeks. :curse:

I was prepared for a wait. Phat originally said, "Our experience is a solid 4-5 weeks." Still trying to figure out why the bags don't come straight to me. But I'm getting anxious and am quickly approaching impatient. :roll: . . .
When you order from the manufacturer they ship 1 package straight to you. When you order from the US dealers they have to wait till the container on the big ship gets in. The manufacturer will wait till they have a full container before shipping. The container gets unloaded, customs signs off on the container(remember homeland security). Then the container contents get shipped to different dealers who ordered the product. Then you get your order shipped.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
If what shooterrex said is true that explains your long wait.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Sucks you are still waiting. I think my wait was about 3-4 weeks. Hard to remember now. I know they were the last of my parts to arrive, when I ordered my seat, shield, and bags.

But I know it didn't take this long!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Anyone order the chrome bag guards they make or the luggage racks for the strong bags and have any feedback? Also anywhere to get them faster than direct???

Cobra

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Cobra said:
Anyone order the chrome bag guards they make or the luggage racks for the strong bags and have any feedback? Also anywhere to get them faster than direct???

Cobra
I have they fit both the strong and the jumbo like I have. Looks good. look at the picture below

1 - 20 of 47 Posts