Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,240 Posts
In close to 15 years here I never heard it mentioned as a girl's bike. Now sport bikes on the other hand.....

He said he rides a sport bike. She said they should both start seeing other men :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just to be clear, as I dont want to offend anyone, I never said it was a girl's bike. I've heard it be referred to as a girl's bike, which by the way I disagree with. I have heard statements like "I ride C90 and wife rides C50", "Great beginner bike", and different statements, etc. Never read that on this site. I read lots of other sites and reviews right after I got the bike. The Harley sportster has the same problem with people making similar statements and I ride one of those too, fun bike! Maybe it starts at the dealership to try to get people to buy bigger bikes. I also think you have lots of people riding huge bikes that probably shouldn't because their lack of experience. My 18 year old son rides a 1982 cm250. Hes six foot tall and a little big for the bike. I told him he's going to learn to ride that well and we will move up one step at a time until someday he buys his own big Touring bike if that's what he wants. He will be a rider with skill and knowledge by then. All that being said, I love my C50!

·
Super Moderator
58,240 Posts
Just to be clear, as I dont want to offend anyone, I never said it was a girl's bike. I've heard it be referred to as a girl's bike, which by the way I disagree with. I have heard statements like "I ride C90 and wife rides C50", "Great beginner bike", and different statements, etc. Never read that on this site. I read lots of other sites and reviews right after I got the bike. The Harley sportster has the same problem with people making similar statements and I ride one of those too, fun bike! Maybe it starts at the dealership to try to get people to buy bigger bikes. I also think you have lots of people riding huge bikes that probably shouldn't because their lack of experience. My 18 year old son rides a 1982 cm250. Hes six foot tall and a little big for the bike. I told him he's going to learn to ride that well and we will move up one step at a time until someday he buys his own big Touring bike if that's what he wants. He will be a rider with skill and knowledge by then. All that being said, I love my C50!
I understand. Now why do you have your oversized boy on a sissy bike again? :p

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Thanks Scorpion :kiss2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome From Boston Mass. While your trying out a Cruiser, you'll actually have a chance to see what's infront of you and around you. I notice more things on a cruiser than a car, rather I appreciate it more while Im on my cruiser. Ride safe and have fun.

2004-vl800

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've put about 1000km (625 miles) on the bike so far so I thought I'd give some of my impressions so far.
The bike is very smooth. The fuel mapping seems spot on. No flats spots that I've noticed at all. It could use a bit more power and a sixth gear, but I can certainly live with it just as it is.
I like the sound of the factory exhaust. It's got a nice bit of a rumble, but not loud at all. (We live on a road that gets a lot of motorcycle traffic and I have a special hatred for loud pipes!)
While the seat is not the worst factory seat I've sat on, it could definitely be better. I see a Mustang in my future. Fortnine is out of stock right now, but I'll be getting a notification when they get more.
This is the first bike I've had with any significant windshield and I'm loving it. There is a bit of turbulence, but it sounds like some lower windshield extensions will alleviate a lot of that. I plan to make some at some point.
I washed the bike yesterday for the first time. It looks great when it's done, but I can't say I enjoyed the process. Too much chrome, too many nooks and crannies and those spoked wheels.:scream:
Overall, I'm really loving riding this bike. It's nice to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
268 Posts
...While the seat is not the worst factory seat I've sat on, it could definitely be better. I see a Mustang in my future...
I bought my C50 used and just assumed it had a stock seat. It wasn't until a few months later that someone asked me how I like my Mustang seat. I checked. Sure enough, it was a Mustang seat. Cool.

I had already had several thousand miles and a long trip with long days in the saddle by then. I remarked to my wife how comfortable the seat was.

Since I never rode with the stock seat on this bike, I can't make a comparison in that regard.

But I can tell you this...It's a nice seat.

Now I'm spoiled.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've put about 1000km (625 miles) on the bike so far so I thought I'd give some of my impressions so far.
The bike is very smooth. The fuel mapping seems spot on. No flats spots that I've noticed at all. It could use a bit more power and a sixth gear, but I can certainly live with it just as it is.
I like the sound of the factory exhaust. It's got a nice bit of a rumble, but not loud at all. (We live on a road that gets a lot of motorcycle traffic and I have a special hatred for loud pipes!)
While the seat is not the worst factory seat I've sat on, it could definitely be better. I see a Mustang in my future. Fortnine is out of stock right now, but I'll be getting a notification when they get more.
This is the first bike I've had with any significant windshield and I'm loving it. There is a bit of turbulence, but it sounds like some lower windshield extensions will alleviate a lot of that. I plan to make some at some point.
I washed the bike yesterday for the first time. It looks great when it's done, but I can't say I enjoyed the process. Too much chrome, too many nooks and crannies and those spoked wheels.:scream:
Overall, I'm really loving riding this bike. It's nice to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Check Ultimate seats, I believe they are in Canada. I bought one for myself after trying Corbin Dual Tour, and it is a keeper. Don't have experience with Mustang seats, but most everyone is saying it changes the seating position significantly. Ultimate seat keeps you mostly in the same spot, maybe a touch higher due to thiker pillow. Ultimate also has 14 day's no questions asked return policy, no restocking fees / Mustang charges 20% restocking fees. See more here where I compared Corbin Dual Tour and Ultimate Midrider seats: https://www.volusiariders.com/68-vendors-accessories/416448-corbin-dual-tour-seat-any-good.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
I understand. Now why do you have your oversized boy on a sissy bike again?
Getting an 04 honda sabre 1100 to add to arsenal. Oversized son will now ride my C50. Hope to have lots of dad son time riding...... yes it does cause me stress to have him on a motorcycle....but you have to let go.....im told?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts