Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just traded in my 2012 Yamaha FZ8 for a gently used 2018 C50T. The FZ8 was a lot of fun, but I found myself riding at "lose your license" speeds way too often.
So far, I'm liking the Boulevard. It's nice to just sit back behind the windshield and cruise.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A lot of people like to get on their bikes and tear-ass around.
Me? I've had a loud and physically active job for the last nineteen years.

So, when I ride, I like to chill out and just cruise.

Cruisers are good for that. :laugh:

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Welcome, you probably won't find yourself at "lose your license speeds" too often on the C50, lol, but it is a nice ride especially down some less traveled lets say 55-60 mph highways...

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)
Enjoy the bike

·
Super Moderator
20,510 Posts
welcome to the family here...great mc for just kicking back, getting into the zone and enjoying a leisurely cruise. Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
19,528 Posts
Hey guys, I just traded in my 2012 Yamaha FZ8 for a gently used 2018 C50T. The FZ8 was a lot of fun, but I found myself riding at "lose your license" speeds way too often.
So far, I'm liking the Boulevard. It's nice to just sit back behind the windshield and cruise.
I miss my FZ6. It was a fantastic light touring bike that I could also flog at a track day...

·
Registered
19,528 Posts
Maybe that's why I love my CTX1300 so much. Cruiser riding position, sport bike handling.

·
Registered
20,218 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. It's more of a beginner type cruiser for shorter rides. If you plan on doing longer rides, the best thing to do is to upgrade the seat. Otherwise you'll find yourself stopping every45 minutes or so to get blood back in your butt.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Welcome from Boston (for now)! Was never a cruiser fan until I got older and the body didn’t fit on other bikes. Now I enjoy the relaxed position and take time to enjoy the ride.

Happy to have you here. Plenty of friendly folks here with tons of experience. Make yourself at home.

Ride Safe and Often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greetings from Indiana. It's more of a beginner type cruiser for shorter rides. If you plan on doing longer rides, the best thing to do is to upgrade the seat. Otherwise you'll find yourself stopping every45 minutes or so to get blood back in your butt.

I was out on Sunday for about 3 1/2 hours. My butt was a little sore but really not bad.... then again, I've ridden that FZ8 for 10 hours at a time.
Why would the C50T be considered a beginner cruiser? I know it could use a bit more power, but for cruising, it seems okay.
I know I have no experience with cruisers. Am I missing something else?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I was out on Sunday for about 3 1/2 hours. My butt was a little sore but really not bad.... then again, I've ridden that FZ8 for 10 hours at a time.
Why would the C50T be considered a beginner cruiser? I know it could use a bit more power, but for cruising, it seems okay.
I know I have no experience with cruisers. Am I missing something else?
Because it could use a bit more power, and many don't like the gearing, and while I still enjoy mine, I would like a longer heavier version for long distance cruising. My next one will most likely be a Gold Wing, but the C50T is a wonderful around town errand runner.

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
I know it sounds contradictory, but the C50 can be a great long distance cruiser. I did 2-3 week trips on mine. That being said, I now have an Indian Chieftain for more power & comfort. My body just wouldn't take long days on the Suzi anymore. But then again, I'm old & broken :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't really know why people consider it a girl's bike or a beginner bike either. I do think that for a long-distance trip I would prefer ac90 or something with another gear or the C50 with the mod. But I enjoy the hell out of my C50 for what it is and for how I ride.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually, I don't get the girls bike/beginner bike thing at all.

The rider makes the bike, not the other way around.

I've seen pretenders on "big" bikes that were obviously rank beginners, and very experienced riders on much smaller machines because that's what they preferred.

The girls ride all kinds of bikes, too.

Ride the bike that suits you and your riding style best. That simple.

For years I've heard that you can't tour on something as small as my old 600VLX, which I thought funny because I was doing exactly that for years.

I take multi-week multi-state motorcycle camping trips every year. I just picked up my C50 last fall and found it a very nice bike to tour on. I never felt I needed more power, etc.. I'm sure my riding style has something to do with it, of course.

In other words, it works for me.
I'm hardly a beginner and anyone who ever saw me would never mistake me for a female. :wink:

People would ask how I ride to Sturgis on that little bike. I tell them I get on the highway and follow all the big touring cruisers on trailers. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts