Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got the clutch cable completely removed, except from where it hooks in down below...

How do I get that sucker out of there? I can clearly see the notch in the part that holds the end of the cable in... so why won't it come out? Am I blind? Is there something locking it into place?

Any pointers?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Ya got to use a slim blade screwdriver and bend that tab out of your way. Needle nose pliers to bend in back on reinstall.

Bending the tab will allow the cable to slide down far enough to release it from that link.

·
Registered
670 Posts
That area could use a good cleaning too :shades:

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch, Viper! Thought I saw a tab on the bottom of the piece, but it's hard to see very clearly in that tight space. So, I'm assuming I'll stick the screwdriver in there, and push down on the tab, while pulling down on the cable at the same time?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I wedge the screwdriver between the tab and the cable end and pry the tab out of the way, push the cable end down and that will release it from that link.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
That area could use a good cleaning too :shades:
that would not be bad a$$, and slim is bad a$$.

i recently saw him and his lady riding the chopper and they were looking bad sweet.

Reactions: Slimbone
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.