Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Florida to see my mother. I picked a random week I figured would be cold. I didn't know it was the week before Daytona Bike Week...

Anyway, after all the teasing I got from the likes of Beezer, I rented a 2014 Ultra Limited Electra Glide.

It was nice.
Very nice. I was on eBay that night and suddenly 20k didn't seem so bad.
A few of you guys know my Uncle, Jimmy. He came with us. The bike sang it's siren's song to him and he had to pose in it.

Hold on. Pictures are borked.

For those that know him, this is Jimmy between 1964 and 1970.

Is he a "mod"?

Same guy, ~50 years later.

The Electra Glide. This was just after 40 miles on 95.

Jimmy trying it out.

Kelly and I on the day we had to return it. :(

After all the teasing, I'm going to have to consider a Harley in my future...

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a Harley dream with barely a bat wing budget.

I'm not ready to go full touring mode yet. I've still got a delinquent reputation to uphold. :shades:

·
Super Moderator
20,792 Posts
nice pics steve...hope the trip went well... like that pic of Jimmy from way back...remember all too well that hairstyle too... brylcreem or vitalis...only his barber knew for sure... say hi to Kelly...you ever going to marry that girl...don't let her get away.

·
Super Moderator
58,200 Posts
nice pics steve...hope the trip went well... like that pic of Jimmy from way back...remember all too well that hairstyle too... brylcreem or vitalis...only his barber knew for sure... say hi to Kelly...you ever going to marry that girl...don't let her get away.
Dennis they've only been dating a year or so. He has to see how she holds up both mentally and especially physically. This isn't a 4th grade by the locker relationship. :)

Ain't that right Steve :D

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since you guys care...

We went to Medieval Times.
I love that place and I want to go to the Toronto castle if I ever arrange that Niagara trip I keep talking about.

Kelly was awarded "Queen of the Tournament"

I got stuck with the jester...

It was not all fun and games. My mom has a medium length goal of selling her house. We had to dig some drainage trenches

...And fix wall paper...
I got to do outlets and light switches in the kitchen and replace a faucet.

We did get to go to the beach.
78 during the day and 60s at night. It was perfect.

On the last night we flipped through some photo albums we found while cleaning. There's my mom in the middle holding some kid.

It's great to visit but I couldn't move back there.

Reactions: FX4

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Went to Florida to see my mother. I picked a random week I figured would be cold. I didn't know it was the week before Daytona Bike Week...

Anyway, after all the teasing I got from the likes of Beezer, I rented a 2014 Ultra Limited Electra Glide.

It was nice.
Very nice. I was on eBay that night and suddenly 20k didn't seem so bad.
A few of you guys know my Uncle, Jimmy. He came with us. The bike sang it's siren's song to him and he had to pose in it.

Hold on. Pictures are borked.

For those that know him, this is Jimmy between 1964 and 1970.

Is he a "mod"?

Same guy, ~50 years later.

The Electra Glide. This was just after 40 miles on 95.

Jimmy trying it out.

Kelly and I on the day we had to return it. :(

After all the teasing, I'm going to have to consider a Harley in my future...
It looks like a 2014 or 2015 Ultra Classic to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts