Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this is a 'dumb' question (and yes there are dumb questions), but I still don't know the answer and can't find it in the Volusia manual I have.

A couple of weeks ago, I finished doing regular maintenance on my 2002 Volusia in time for the riding season. In talking with my Harley riding uncle on Easter, he mentioned that he changes his transmission fluid/oil.

In looking at my manual and looking the bike over, I don't see where this could be checked/changed on the Volusia. Is this something that needs to be done on the Volusia, or is it accomplished with the normal oil change? If it is something that needs to be checked and/or changed, how do I do it?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
14,420 Posts
^^^ What they said... But you also have rear end oil that needs to be changed. I use Mobil One Gear Oil from AutoZone 1 quart will last you several changes. It comes in a tall bottle with a spout.

Suzuki says inspect it every 7,500 miles, I just replace it with every oil change.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Yeah, HD's have a seperate trans and the Suzi has the trans in the engine (like most meteric bikes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts