Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 17 inches air train horn for my bike, Does anyone have that and how do you install it? Send me pic and give me idea. I wasn't sure which placement I want to install. Let me know. I just want to upgrade horn cuz I'm tired of Cagers pulled into my lane without looking and bike OEM horn sound like a pee wee moped meepers, no one can hear it and I had to look at driver (wearing AH biker sunglasses) until they saw me next to me and "OOOHHH IM SORRRYYY!!!" . I want it as loud as possible to jerk their head to me :LOL:馃槑.

Administrator
A few folks here have installed the Train Style Air Horns, but those units are quite involved to set up.
Most folks use a Stebel Nautilus or Wolo Bad Boy horn which is about 139db, wakes sleepy drivers, and is much less involved to install.
We have two good instructional assists on this forum for those two horns mentioned.
Here's Fast Freddy's:
Hope that You find someone to assist installing the Train Style Air Horn.
We'll keep Our collective ears and eyes open for an assist..

Registered
Not a realistic option, considering the amount of air that is needed to power the horn. You will need to have a separate pressure tank mounted somewhere on the bike, along with the necessary hardware, pneumatic lines, electrical connections, etc. You will also need to periodically top off the tank with more air as you use the horn. I mean it can be done, but it is ridiculously complicated and you can accomplish the same thing with a $100 Stebel.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a realistic option, considering the amount of air that is needed to power the horn. You will need to have a separate pressure tank mounted somewhere on the bike, along with the necessary hardware, pneumatic lines, electrical connections, etc. You will also need to periodically top off the tank with more air as you use the horn. I mean it can be done, but it is ridiculously complicated and you can accomplish the same thing with a $100 Stebel.
It have small air compressor hooked up via tube. I tested it with motorcycle battery, it was damn loud. It's actually 140-150db. I'm deaf but it did hurts my left ear and my hearing son was 20 ft away and he was carrying bag of grocery and I honked it in garage and saw him shook and "Ow!". I bought it from Ebay for $20. I will have to figure out its placement tho.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few folks here have installed the Train Style Air Horns, but those units are quite involved to set up.
Most folks use a Stebel Nautilus or Wolo Bad Boy horn which is about 139db, wakes sleepy drivers, and is much less involved to install.
We have two good instructional assists on this forum for those two horns mentioned.
Here's Fast Freddy's:
Hope that You find someone to assist installing the Train Style Air Horn.
We'll keep Our collective ears and eyes open for an assist..
I used to have Wolo Bad Boy, it didn't last long and it stopped working a year later. Yes, I will figure out the placement. I may have to fabricate board for it. Air Horn may be slanted downward because it did not have guard to prevent rain, dirt, and debris so thought slanting it downward will help lessen the issue and keep diaphgram clean inside. If I find it inconvenience to have it on my bike, I would install it in my truck instead then get Sibel brand. So I'm not wasting money on that. My bike already have horn relay pre-installed (from Wolo Bad Boy accessory). So it's ready to hook up to any loudest horn I can find :ROFLMAO::cool:

Super Moderator
I had a Bad Boy. It lasted a few years for me. It definitely got the attention of idiot drivers.

Administrator
I've had My Stebel on My C50 since March 2006, currently operational.
Also added one to My Chevy Suburban, back in early 2006.
The Suburban is gone, but the horn was still operational in 2015 when I sold it,

Registered
Point it forward for better effect. (This advice applies to more than the horn!) Most of the sound from that will bounce right back at you in a deafening manner. At least my Masters in Acoustics tells me it will, YMMV. ;)

Reactions: Colby

Registered
"Point it forward for better effect. (This advice applies to more than the horn!)"

This side towards enemy! My first thought.

• Haha
Reactions: Whiskey

Registered
that mounting required the least modification, and as yet no one has had any difficulty hearing me (still have my 2 truck horns connected with it). it's like a micro burst, it goes in all directions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts