Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
16,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever hear of these towing cradles for motorcycles, check out the videos here:

http://undertakermts.com/

I would always rather ride than trailer, but it does look like an inexpensive option.

What does everyone else think???

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Never used one, but I've seen them before. Especially for dirt bikes.
Seems like a really good price.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The only problem is...

the only time I have trailered my bike is when it had a flat.
The rear tire was flat and this would not work.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
If you towed your c50 with that thing it would eat up the transmission unless you disconected the drive shaft or had the engine running the owners manual warns you not to tow our bikes with the rear tire on the ground or bye bye tranny.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
i wouldnt ever use one of these for anything... for just a little more money you could get a cheap HF trailer and have it up off the ground.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think it has its limited uses but I think if you had a flat while pulling your bike it might get crazy :? In a 5 year run I have had two flats on back and one on front.Once on front tire I made it home 35miles on fix a flat,one rear flat i got home on fix aflat and one blow out on rear < no quick fix had to call a truck. 8)

·
Administrator
16,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
johbren said:
If you towed your c50 with that thing it would eat up the transmission unless you disconected the drive shaft or had the engine running the owners manual warns you not to tow our bikes with the rear tire on the ground or bye bye tranny.
That's what I was thinking. Whether or not the bike is in neutral or not, the driveshaft would still be turning. I wouldn't think it would be good for the bike.

·
Registered
389 Posts
66ChopperDaddy said:
PhL0aTeR said:
i wouldnt ever use one of these for anything... for just a little more money you could get a cheap HF trailer and have it up off the ground.
My thoughts too.
Why not just spend a few more bucks and let it sleep the trip away - all cozy like! :lol:
+1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts