Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 C50 black will ride it's last ride with me in about two hours when we ride to the dealer for the trade in on my new C109R black. It hurts to say goodbye.......wish I could keep both but the deal on my trade in was too sweet as I was under well 10K out of pocket to be out the door on the 109.

I didn't post here much (at all, actually) but lurked daily and learned a lot from you guys (the C50 was my first bike at 39 years old). I will stay around to read and hopefully a C109Rriders.com will spawn from this site. There is a M109R forum that now welcomes "C" buyers but not much activity yet as it is so new.

Anyway, I can fade into the background gracefully or try to be as informational as all of you have been over the past year of me becoming a motorcycle rider/owner. I will be taking my first ride today, obviously, and I can be here to answer any of the questions regarding this bike........specifically comparisons between the two.

Does 1800cc really feel like a bunch more motor? Does it feel much heavier? How is the balance compared to the C50? Does the twin front disk/rear disk feel like a huge improvement? Does this bike need a DJ drive or is it geared nice and relaxed at 60mph like it should be? Mainly......is it worth it ?

Ask and I will answer as I experience the new machine........

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
why would you look for a different forum????

You can be THE MAN in regards the C109!!! :D
I know we are all gonna wanna see the pictures of any upgrades or home made modifications you do!

Edit: and I wanna know the answers to all those questions you already listed!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice of you to say........guess I'm that guy! Sounds like a good title to me.

As far as mods......I didn't really do much to my C50 which is a good thing as the trade doesn't really give you anything towards mods. Actually, if I would have debaffled, it would have HURT the trade.

My C50 had saddle bags (boulevard leather with buckles), Mobil One synthetic motorcycle oil and K&N oil filter, and my C50 side bages/SUZUKI rear fender lettering removed. Thats it.

I will do the exact same mods for the C109R eventually (after I spend eleven days to get the annoying safety stickers off the tank) but the bags might have to wait. Seems like an $800 investment between the bags and the mounting brackets!

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I'd be real interested in hearing a first hand account of how it rides and handles. I hope you keep us informed on this and congrats on the new ride. To me, it says alot that you'd be willing to trade in a virtually brand new bike for the C109.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Formally Peg_scraper said:

I know we are all gonna wanna see the pictures of any upgrades or home made modifications you do!

ummm...hello?? What am I? Chopped liver here???

"The Man"...is taken. Now The C109R Man, or Used_to_own_a_C50_but_now_owns_a_C109R_Man would work as well...or simply That Guy would work.

Oh, and btw, I really want to know your input on the C109R as well, I'm keeping my eye on the bike as an upgrade for later on in life. Keep us informed!

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
U DA MAN!
The Man said:

"The Man"...is taken. Now The C109R Man, or Used_to_own_a_C50_but_now_owns_a_C109R_Man would work as well...or simply That Guy would work.

Oh, and btw, I really want to know your input on the C109R as well, I'm keeping my eye on the bike as an upgrade for later on in life. Keep us informed!

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
The Man said:

OOPS! MY BAD!! :oops:

:D

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Scotty,
Keep us informed of your impressions of the new C109. It is definitely on my list of candidates for when I am ready to "move on up".

The local dealer will be hosting a Suzuki Test Ride promo on May 17th and I've got my name on the list for a ride on the C109. I am assuming that this is done on the same basis as the Harley one that I did a couple of years ago where the manufacturer brings in a truck load of bikes for test rides.

Should be a good experience. Just a little disapointed that dealers don't have a couple of bikes slated for demo purposes so that a person could try one out arther than waiting for the company to show up with their demos. They use the excuse of insurance etc. but how many people want to buy a motorcycle (approx $16K here in Canada for a C109T or SE) without test driving one? I did with my Volusia and don't really have any regrets, but don't think I'd ever do it again.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
The Man said:

Yeah he's very sensitive about his name. :p :lol:

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Misunderstood said:
The Man said:

Yeah he's very sensitive about his name. :p :lol:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
The Man said:

Well I guess you'll have to be The rider formerly known as: The Man formerly known as: C50GBAR ..
because scottyroadrunner with a C- 109 is now the MAN :D :D

We also have a new member BOOBMAN :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
The Man said:
why would you look for a different forum???? ...........

ummm...hello?? What am I? Chopped liver here???................

Actualy I was thinking more like liverwurst :p :biglaugh:

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I'm not feeling the love here!! :blackeye:

Seriously though, if he comes on and posts some pics of his new ride, then we can call him Da Man! Cuz he'd be Da Man!!!

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Boxwrench said:
The Man said:
why would you look for a different forum???? ...........

ummm...hello?? What am I? Chopped liver here???................

Actualy I was thinking more like liverwurst :p :biglaugh:
Well ain't you mister funny man! :punch:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok........sorry to keep you all waiting so long but the dealer prep job sucked and I couldn't stand to see it looking less than perfect. My C50 looked better when I brought it in!

I am off to a friends place to show it off but I will share a few impressions now and post a full review tomorrow.

1. I was on the highway doing 55mph and I thought it felt much more relaxed than the C50 RPM-wise........then I realized I was still in FOURTH! First gear takes you comfortably over 30.

2. Unbelievable torque. Sick amount of power to this motor. VERY strong.

3. More comfortable (I am 6'3''). Seat is better and the handlebars are bent more towards you.....makes it feel weird for 5 minutes then feels right on.

4. Keep reaching with right hand to the right of the tree to start and looking like a dick.......(just act like you were wiping some dirt off then use left hand down by the motor).

5. Damn is this thing a monster......sounds like a C50 when started, believe it or not, but blip the throttle and you feel the motor hitting you in the ass. Lean on the throttle a bit at speed (careful, just breaking it in) and it sounds vicious.

6. Turning with that rear tire is going to be an adjustment......you have to lean a bit more, but stability at speed in a straight line is drastically improved. Feeling of stability to the bike/frame in general is better.

Now, I don't want this to seem like a C50 flame-a-thon. I wish I could have kept mine. I believe most people would want to hear what is better about the 109 but I will be honest about everything.

One thing that sucked.....I removed the 109 emblems, tank stickers and the SUZUKI from the rear fender and the rear fender emblem seems to have been in a recess in the plastic fender. In other words, there was a small depression the shape of the sticker that is now just an empty rectangle. Guess they heard about the debadging and decided to make us pay, huh?

I gotta go ride this thing......ask away and I will answer everything anyone posts either later or tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Congrats on the new C109 Scotty!

Please stick around, as there are many members here that have changed bikes and are still active... I am one of them (C90)... at least you kept it in the family! :wink:

Also, please post some pics of your new C109! Again, congrats!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congrats Scotty! Please post pics , we all would love to see it!!

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
scottyroadrunner said:
My 07 C50 black will ride it's last ride with me in about two hours when we ride to the dealer for the trade in on my new C109R black. It hurts to say goodbye.......wish I could keep both but the deal on my trade in was too sweet as I was under well 10K out of pocket to be out the door on the 109.

I didn't post here much (at all, actually) but lurked daily and learned a lot from you guys (the C50 was my first bike at 39 years old). I will stay around to read and hopefully a C109Rriders.com will spawn from this site. There is a M109R forum that now welcomes "C" buyers but not much activity yet as it is so new.

Anyway, I can fade into the background gracefully or try to be as informational as all of you have been over the past year of me becoming a motorcycle rider/owner. I will be taking my first ride today, obviously, and I can be here to answer any of the questions regarding this bike........specifically comparisons between the two.

Does 1800cc really feel like a bunch more motor? Does it feel much heavier? How is the balance compared to the C50? Does the twin front disk/rear disk feel like a huge improvement? Does this bike need a DJ drive or is it geared nice and relaxed at 60mph like it should be? Mainly......is it worth it ?

Ask and I will answer as I experience the new machine........
WELCOME to the VR site, new member.

Pete

1 - 20 of 81 Posts