Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im slowly blacking out my bike

anyone willing to trade BLACK clutch and stator covers and other covers for my C50 chrome covers???

or does anyone knows if I can powdercoat the chrome covers BLACK???

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've never done it myself, but have read a little about plastidip. Should be able to spray it right over the chrome. Someone else here will give you better info I'm sure. There's a few on here having fun with plastidip.

Sent from my awesome electronic device

·
Premium Member
24,484 Posts
Powder coating would be durable. Might want to check around and buy some additional covers. That way you have those powder coated and still have your chrome ones if you ever decide to sell and want to go back to original. Just a thought. I know they go up for sale pretty cheap here all the time.

Im slowly blacking out my bike

anyone willing to trade BLACK clutch and stator covers and other covers for my C50 chrome covers???

or does anyone knows if I can powdercoat the chrome covers BLACK???

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just did this deal with Wheelman. lol. I'm a professional painter by trade. His were done with base coat clear. It's the best way to go for heat and durability (powder coat is more durable), but powder coat is a pita when you have to clean the holes and mounting flanges. +1 on the additional set of chrome pieces. Check Wheelman's bike out to see what I mean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.