Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have loved ones at home who worry about your travels on a bike I have found a great app for your android phone. I tested it to and from Octfest Rally last weekend.

It is called BubblerGPS and can be found at the google store.
Has a free and paid $9.99 option.

Combined with Spot Walla it is a great system. My father was able to track my position every 5 minutes on a map for the whole weekend.

Did not drain phone at all and uses a small amount of data (kb's)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have Verizon messenger setup to auto reply if I'm on the bike (Car mode).

Google glimpse will then show a gps' d map of where I am (on Google maps) to anyone on my approved list. Works pretty slick.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you have loved ones at home who worry about your travels on a bike I have found a great app for your android phone. I tested it to and from Octfest Rally last weekend.

It is called BubblerGPS and can be found at the google store.
Has a free and paid $9.99 option.

Combined with Spot Walla it is a great system. My father was able to track my position every 5 minutes on a map for the whole weekend.

Did not drain phone at all and uses a small amount of data (kb's)
Krislord:

Thanks so very much for posting this! Perfect timing as I used it for my family today to track me on my first long distance (by my standards anyway) trip going solo. Leg #1 is in the books, and the family was appreciative of knowing where I was at. So far so good in using The free version of Bubbler GPS and Spotwalla!

·
Pearly Gates Chapter
5,471 Posts
I.tried Google glimpse before. I.thought it was pretty cool. I don't notice if it is a data hog though, my work pays my bill. I haven't messed with it enough, but I liked that I could specify for how long I wanted my position broadcasted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.