Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

Registered
Hide your keys or you'll never have any gas in it. Your wife will fire it up and just let it idle while she sits on it. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃槺馃槺 Maybe she had it planned all along. JS.
CONGRATS

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
It's delightful to read your review on the first ride. That "holy shit" moment when you crack the throttle and you feel like the bike is going to launch itself from under you is so pleasant, especially after you've racked up many miles on the C50. The 103 was a kit that really woke up the rather anemic 96 and eventually was produced as the standard motor. Do yourself a favor and get on a Harley forum for info. If I recall, there was an issue with some sort of plastic gear in the drive that was prone to shearing in the 07-08 model year, along with a couple other quirks.///////////
Thanks!!.... I'll check it out.....Bike is headed to the Harley shop tomorrow for at least one tire possibly two. And to visit with them about the bike. They did the upgrade with the 103 kit. I also have some general questions about upkeep service ect. Yeah the power increase compared to the Triumph is...... noticeable. :p

Registered
Between the Ultra and the Voyager, (I think) the Voyager will have fewer problems.
The Ultra will hold it's resale value better. Both are Excellent choices. The Ultra will have
a better low center of gravity. The 09' Harley is when they upgraded the frame to handle
better than before. But going by Price only, that's a difficult choice. I'd probably still go for
the Voyager. But that's just me.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
When you get the Harley back make sure to post up some money shots ;)

Wow...Thats a nice.......motercycle? LoL.....Will do beezer. The shop I'm taking it too, is also the largest dealer in Oklahoma. It's called Harley World. Not like they have delusions of grandeur or anything. Gonna pick it back up on the 26th. There will be pics!!! Gotta take some of the Triumph also. Don't want her to get jealous. I broke the news to her about the Harley, last night, while I was taking a ride. She backfired and stalled at the next light. Now maybe I dumped the clutch.... but I don't think so.:oops::eek:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Hide your keys or you'll never have any gas in it. Your wife will fire it up and just let it idle while she sits on it. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃槺馃槺 Maybe she had it planned all along. JS.
CONGRATS
Uh-huh. When I got the Triumph she said that's nice honey, you need to take the trash out. When she saw the pics of the Harley, she showed a lot more.....interest. o_O LoL. Thanks guys!!. Maybe we can go riding someday.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
Between the Ultra and the Voyager, (I think) the Voyager will have fewer problems.
The Ultra will hold it's resale value better. Both are Excellent choices. The Ultra will have
a better low center of gravity. The 09' Harley is when they upgraded the frame to handle
better than before. But going by Price only, that's a difficult choice. I'd probably still go for
the Voyager. But that's just me.
Hey buddy. Just saw your comment, it slipped by me. Yeah you may be correct. But it's all over but the crying. I chose the Harley. She put a spell on me.:love: Thanks for your interest though!!!!

Super Moderator
congrats on the new ride...must have been a tough choice but in the end the gut always points one in the right direction...I'm sure the wifes already planning to enjoy the new benefits that come with the HD...vibrations and all...good luck with it and looking forward to the pics.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
congrats on the new ride...must have been a tough choice but in the end the gut always points one in the right direction...I'm sure the wifes already planning to enjoy the new benefits that come with the HD...vibrations and all...good luck with it and looking forward to the pics.
Thanks Buddy!!! Yes it was a very tuff decision. Wore my ass out. LoL I'm having all its maintenance brought up to date at the shop. Tank flush, fuel lines if needed, break lines and pads if needed, all new fluids, etc. Plus new tires front and back. Just had an oil change, and a new battery a couple weeks ago. Said they would start on it no later than the 26th. So hopefully I'll have it back by the 27th. Pics to come!!!

Registered
Can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #94 · (Edited)
Now.... I've gotta tell you about my first trip to Harley World. See the Website. If you wish..... I was laughably naive about the so called Harley lifestyle, and cult...oops culture. :p I show up Saturday the 24th, as instructed. At 8am, as instructed. I thought this was a little early, they open at 9am. There were already 6 bikes in front of me. I wait my turn and about 9:30 I get to talk to my technician, and tell him what I want. One of those things was tires. I ask him what brands they had to choose from. He said Bridgestone. He informed me, that they only sell and service original Harley or Harley OEM parts. They will not touch anything else. I ask him if they could patch a small tear on my drivers seat. It's about the size of a dime and is covered by a gel seat cover. But I don't want it to get any worse, and it bugs me. It is the only flaw I could find on this bike. He informed me they do not patch anything. They could replace the seat with a new one. I declined. LoL. He did offer me the name and number of a good upholstery man, who could take care of me......Now I noticed, while in line with my fellow Harley-ites, and later on, in the store. That everyone except me, wore almost exclusively, Harley branded Items. Boots, jackets, helmets, hats, shirts, and I assume underwear. I spoke to some of them. They were nice enough, as far as it went. But it was obvious, to them, and to me, that I was not yet, a true believer.:unsure:. And therefore suspect LoL.... Now the store......There is no covid recession at Harley World. The store is huge. It is packed with motercycle inventory. It is packed with branded item inventory. There is no empty floor-space or wall-space. or ceiling-space. It is also packed with customers. Who were not just looking, but buying. Before I left, at about 10am., at least 20 Harleys pulled up, parking in the ( Bike Only ) area. Most of the riders came in and did a little shopping, grabbed a soft drink, and visited the restroom. Then they left on their group ride, in perfect side by side formation. They meet every Saturday morning at Harley World. They are not the largest, nor the only group that does this. This is brand loyalty like I've never seen before. It is almost frightening. My wife must never darken the door of this establishment...........She will drink the Kool-Aid::eek:LoL

Premium Member
You DO NOT have to drink the kool-aid ! Hubby has t-shirts & a key ring. That's it. Confiscate your wife's credit card before she steps foot in the "World of Harley" :D

Registered
Would you like for us to wish for the magnetic strip on her card to have a major problem so it doesn't read??? Temporary I know, but we can do this for multiple cards.馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Would you like for us to wish for the magnetic strip on her card to have a major problem so it doesn't read??? Temporary I know, but we can do this for multiple cards.馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
God no!!! Don't do that. She will just get another card with a higher limit. No good deed goes unpunished.:p

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
Just picked up the bike at Harley World. It's about 12 miles from my house. Somehow the ride back was about 30 miles . I musta got lost.:p Well, I guess I drank the kool-aid. This is the best handling, smoothest, easiest to ride, big bike, I've ever been on. The power curve is amazing. You can idle it around at 5mph, and do u-turns. Then it will do anything you ask it to at 2 to 3 thousand rpm. Took it on the Interstate and never used 6th gear. There was too much traffic. I may be a Harley guy. LoL Never woulda thunk it .:oops: O yeah, after the wife got loose in the retail section, and I paid my service bill, I'm now dead ass broke. Me thinks there may be a down side to this Harley thing. Pics to come, gotta get my camera charged up. Cant transfer my phone pics to the puter for some reason. Gotta go put the bikes in the garage. Later gators. :)

81 - 100 of 131 Posts