Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
God no. The only thing less reliable than Italian motorcycles is Italian women. One night you go to bed with a goddess in silk, the next morning you wake with and angry elephant in a black dress yelling at you.
There's your problem, you're supposed to get them OUT of the dress before morning...

Reactions: NateDog 62

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Ok Guys and Gals, or whatever you identify as. ( Not that there is anything wrong with that."Seinfeld" ):whistle:. Here is the scoop. Dude with the Nomad won't budge on price. In addition to that he lives 2.5 hours from me , and won't meet me halfway to look at it. So he is probably out. Guy with the ( Harley Ultra Glide, will take $9500.00 ), which is a thousand off his asking, and 500-1000 less than the lowest Blue book or Nada listing I can find. The gentleman who owns the (Voyager, will take $9000.00 ), which is 695.00 off his asking, but is right on Blue book and Nada. Test drives are set for tomorrow. Opinions???? Words of wisdom!!!! . Anything helps cause i'm real conflicted on this one.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Inky. I Think they are really pretty bikes. But I live in Oklahoma, home of ( Harley Davidson and the Jap bikes. ) They perform at the Starlight Ballroom most weekends. :p I had a hell of a time finding a shop to just check the valves on my Triumph. I show up with a Guzzi, and they are gonna laugh their asses off at me, as they toss me out the door. But thanks for the input. It is pretty.

·
Super Moderator
29,490 Posts
Enjoy the test rides and make your decision after.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ok Guys and Gals, or whatever you identify as. ( Not that there is anything wrong with that."Seinfeld" ):whistle:. Here is the scoop. Dude with the Nomad won't budge on price. In addition to that he lives 2.5 hours from me , and won't meet me halfway to look at it. So he is probably out. Guy with the ( Harley Ultra Glide, will take $9500.00 ), which is a thousand off his asking, and 500-1000 less than the lowest Blue book or Nada listing I can find. The gentleman who owns the (Voyager, will take $9000.00 ), which is 695.00 off his asking, but is right on Blue book and Nada. Test drives are set for tomorrow. Opinions???? Words of wisdom!!!! . Anything helps cause i'm real conflicted on this one.
Ride them both and choose accordingly. One thing to consider if you plan on trading again. HD will hold it's value better.

Have fun. I love bike shopping and test rides.

Reactions: NateDog 62

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
The price of the Harley won't fall too far below that price anymore. In other words it's a good value.
Yeah it's estimated to only fall about 5% per year down to around 6-7k where it will sit until Jesus comes back. I pretty much have to buy the Harley based on this. Unless I find something wrong with it. Or I just hate the way it rides. I've never tried out a big Harley. Road a Sportster a couple of times, but doubt there is much similarity. Gonna ride it this evening, so we shall see. Also set to ride the Voyager after the Harley. Maybe I will love it, and piss on the financial side of the decision.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Ride them both and choose accordingly. One thing to consider if you plan on trading again. HD will hold it's value better.

Have fun. I love bike shopping and test rides.
Yep I can get hung up on the value of the vehicles that I buy. Resale value means a lot to me. But in the case of a motorcycle, how it feels and looks is also a big factor . Like I said. Conflicted. If I just went with my head, I wouldn't even ride the Voyager, and avoid the temptation. I bought the Triumph so cheap I will probably never lose money on it. But I have no intention of selling it . Its a great around town, short road trip bike. And every time I look at it, I smile.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The price of the Harley won't fall too far below that price anymore. In other words it's a good value.
Hey Beezer. Riddle me this if you have time. The Harley is a 2009 Ultra Classic. Every one of them I can find has the 96ci engine. This one has the 103ci. Any idea how this can happen. I read they started putting the 103. in the Limited like yours in 2010.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Phew! A real nail biter :D
Well it was... The wife just walked by said "I like the way Harleys vibrate." I ask her how she knows that since we have never owned a Harley. She said. "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to." Then she said. "Stop dickin around and go get the bike." :oops: LoL.
Hell, I don't know. How did you know what I have?

Bad memory, I'm old :p
It's in your showcase pics.:geek:

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Maybe it's a 2010 or he put a 103 plate on it if it fit?
Well If you look at the pic, it sure looks like a 2009 and has a ultra classic badge on the front fender. I thought maybe it was built at the end of the production run of 2009, and they put the 103 in because that's what they had available. I can't really think of a reason someone would put a 103 plate on a 96 engine, on a bike this nice. But I can't find that scenario on any of the sites I looked at on the net.

·
Super Moderator
62,497 Posts
I doubt it if it runs better than stock with no hiccups. People put performance parts on all the time and Screaming Eagle is OEM Harley.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I doubt it if it runs better than stock with no hiccups. People put performance parts on all the time and Screaming Eagle is OEM Harley.
Yeah and there ain't no warrantees to worry about. OK thanks for the help, gotta fly. Heading over to check it out and give it a spin. Smell ya later. :p

41 - 60 of 131 Posts