Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
personally felt a regular generator would have been sufficient for our needs...we really don't lose power that often and in the worst cases maybe for a day or 2 at most...but if :"she" sleeps better...so be it.

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
Just choose trees that don't drop their leaves, or when they do, they are easy to pick up.
Remodeling ?
We moved from a newer nearly paid for house to an older place with an apartment for wife's mom to live in and spent 4 years and 100k + turning the car port into a garage and plumbing, electrical, flooring, outside, inside...... finally getting near done with it. Doing as much ourselves as we could, paying as we go rather than finance any of it, now I can actually retire.

View attachment 148438
That looks like you filled the swimming pool in and made a little patio area out of it

·
Registered
124 Posts
The previous owner did have an above ground pool in that spot, it was gone when we moved in. Wife wants one there.... I'm resisting the idea. I'd have to have water trucks come in to fill it, or run my well all night, then chemical balance, etc, I just don't want to mess with it. It is now our pit bulls "pit" to play in.

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
personally felt a regular generator would have been sufficient for our needs...we really don't lose power that often and in the worst cases maybe for a day or 2 at most...but if :"she" sleeps better...so be it.
I'll tell you, had to get rid of the portable I used to back feed and go to automatic back in 2015 when I started flying on a regular basis and was away from home a lot.

First year or so it never ran. We've had a couple 2 day outages since, and it's been very convenient even for the occasional shorter outages.

One less thing to worry about.....got to keep that coffee maker going Dennis.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Confused by the subject.. I'm guessing the tough choice is which direction to leave for the ride?

Reactions: Whiskey and Psyc0
21 - 28 of 28 Posts