Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from a 2 hour cruise...was suppose to meet a few for lunch...Snakes Lunch meet...but that was canceled so figured I'd get some leaves done instead...but upon looking at the leaves that were waiting and realizing the day was planned for a ride not to mention 60 degree weather and sunny...pretty much a no brainer...leaves can wait...maybe the last 60 degree day left left here in New England... turned out to be a great day for a ride. Did see a few others out there also taking advantage... hope others out there are still riding.

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
I opted to take leaves so I could go chase the little white ball tomorrow.

Luckily, the wind storm yesterday took most of them down, so I'm done with leaves for the year.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did them before I left for my trip, needless to say, came home to a lawn full of them and still falling... and no sooner did I finish posting this thread before and headed out to the local pond to do some fishing...couldn't wait to try out my new rod and reel I ordered before I left and picked up yesterday at Cabela's...10 minutes after casting the line, the thunder and lightning began...stubbornly kept watching and listening and was fortunate enough to snag a pickerel with the new setup...decided to be happy right there and packed up and headed home...pouring by the time I got home 7 minutes later...amazing how quickly the beautiful day turned sour...New England Weather...gotta love it.

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
No leaves left at our place to deal with.

Sadly, this was our side yard at about 3 pm today. 😩😢🥶

Plant Leaf Branch Natural landscape Wood

A harbinger of things to come.

As you can imagine, all of our bikes are winterized and under cover. Expect they'll stay that way until March at the earliest. Bah.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
just got back from a 2 hour cruise...was suppose to meet a few for lunch...Snakes Lunch meet...but that was canceled so figured I'd get some leaves done instead...but upon looking at the leaves that were waiting and realizing the day was planned for a ride not to mention 60 degree weather and sunny...pretty much a no brainer...leaves can wait...maybe the last 60 degree day left left here in New England... turned out to be a great day for a ride. Did see a few others out there also taking advantage... hope others out there are still riding.
I got in about 2 hours myself. Bout 65 degrees today very nice. The wind chill is always a factor here. When it gets down to about 45 and you're riding into a 30mph wind, it starts getting a little nippy.

• Haha
Reactions: Woodswoman

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I opted to take leaves so I could go chase the little white ball tomorrow.

Luckily, the wind storm yesterday took most of them down, so I'm done with leaves for the year.
I'd like to play a round. But I'm too busy packing brickbrack right now. Have movers coming in Monday to haul out the furniture, and about 400 boxes. Then painters. Then floor guys. Then plumbers..... Hey let's remodel the house she said....... It will be fun she said.......Uh-huh.:rolleyes:
Smile Eyebrow Mouth Water Jaw

• Haha
Reactions: scorpion46

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to play a round. But I'm too busy packing brickbrack right now. Have movers coming in Monday to haul out the furniture, and about 400 boxes. Then painters. Then floor guys. Then plumbers..... Hey let's remodel the house she said....... It will be easy she said.......Uh-huh.:rolleyes:
we too are in the early stages too of addressing needs for the house...seems like contractors are spending more time here than I am... just had my oil tank replaced...guy who does our yearly service on the boiler told us last year we should plan on replacing the tank this year before it becomes an EPA issue, ...an issue that could get very costly...original tank from early 80's so can't complain...so its now replaced...waiting on a whole house generator to arrive...ordered it a month ago...will be interesting to see how long that takes considering how everything that needs to be ordered today takes forever...decided to do central air...her choice, not mine...yeah I'm cheap...only really need it a couple months out of the year...and we do have one in the bedroom...whatever...chimney has a tree growing in it...even have a cap on the top and still somehow that happened...get the feeling Beez figures into that somehow...siding is planned for April...new doors front, back, and inside one leading to the garage.... hardwood floors will be replacing the rugs on first floor and other original wood flooring in the uncarpeted rooms...deck/screenhouse outside also original from the 80's has been showing me signs it needs to be replaced also, so after the siding is done that is on the list...lets see...got a guy coming monday to quote us on the ceilings...new driveway to be done last when everyone is done doing their thing...sure theres a few more things "she" felt we needed to address....yep...going to be fun here the next 8 months...hopefully sooner...at least the kitchen and bathrooms were done a few years ago...wasn't sure we were going to be staying here after we retired so I held off on any major projects but now that we have decided we are staying, the stuff needs to be done....its only money.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
chimney has a tree growing in it...even have a cap on the top and still somehow that happened
May have gotten a squirrel in there and they stored some nuts that grew. Now you've got me nervous. I had some get into mine last year and I didn't think about a possibility like this. 😬

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just choose trees that don't drop their leaves, or when they do, they are easy to pick up.
Remodeling ?
We moved from a newer nearly paid for house to an older place with an apartment for wife's mom to live in and spent 4 years and 100k + turning the car port into a garage and plumbing, electrical, flooring, outside, inside...... finally getting near done with it. Doing as much ourselves as we could, paying as we go rather than finance any of it, now I can actually retire.

Plant Sky Plant community Tree Flowerpot

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
They can say what they want, about Portland and all the problems. But there is some ultra pretty country in Oregon..... Nice place.!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oregon is a great place to live, as long as you stay in the "State of Jefferson" part of the state. Warm, dry, conservative, more ag than industry, fewer people per square mile. Kinda like Idaho, but without the winters.
We're 30 miles north of California, with grapes,palms, pears, peaches, apples and almond trees in our yard.
And pretty much year round riding.

Ecoregion Map World Font Line

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
left southern cal thursday to come home...suppose to be in the 90's yesterday and today there...was a nice treat 70's & 80's for the week I was there...still good to come home tho...

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
waiting on a whole house generator to arrive...ordered it a month ago...will be interesting to see how long that takes considering how everything that needs to be ordered today takes forever...
Wish I knew - might have been able to save you a few thousand bucks. Are you buying the generator yourself and having an electrician install, or did you buy it through a generator dealer as a package with installation?

I was quoted 7k installed for mine back in 2015 by the big box stores as well as dealers. Bought it my self, hired an electrician and gas guy, was just under 4k installed. Have steered several people to do this. Generators are in stock at Norwall (look them up online). Compare pricing.

Reactions: ByronW

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanx but everything is already ordered and set up for installation...just waiting for the unit to get here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I need to do something in that department. We're on a well and our legislators up north are determined to outlaw any and all power generation that is consistent and dependable. Blackouts are in our future, and will be unhandy with no water pressure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts