Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to touch-up paint my Vol's frame. Please suggest what paint to use and tell me where to get it.

Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
624 Posts
Isn't the frame just gloss black? I would think you could go to an auto store (like Advance or Autozone) and color match to be sure. Usually they'll let you take a couple outside to match if you bring your bike.

I don't think you want to spend the money to get the OEM match from Colorrite unless it was the tanks or fenders.

BTW: here's the color for a 2008 C50 http://www.colorrite.com/product/suzuki-019-space-black-1627.cfm

Go to the home page and you can look up your year to be sure.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everyone !

I'll check everything out. My Vol is a black 2003.

Thunderhoof, I like your taste in bikes. I have a 1600 Nomad in the garage.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I was looking at my frame the other day, trying to figure out if I want to add some reflective black tape to the frame (from the vendor on this forum). So, the frame would look the same in day time and light up at night. Maybe even more so with the LEDs on. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I just brush on rustolium gloss black on the frame, the brush strokes arent visible once it flows together using a fine artists brush.

·
Registered
93 Posts
paint choices

I used Color Rite to respray my tank and fender after a cager knocked my bike down and spit a few years ago. Color match was pretty good, I'm sure they have black for the frame too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts