Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hi all Newbie to this site here. Live on the Central west coast of Florida. I have a 05 Black/Silver C50 and love it. I have installed V&H Straight Shots, Power Commander and K&N filter in the stock box. I want to change intake and looking into a Thunder manufacturing Tornado. I would like to see a side picture of this setup to see how far out it extends. Can anyone help with a picture and or some personal experience with this setup ?

Thanks Cool Site :scoot:

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Congrats on your first post & welcome aboard. Now, can someone answer these questions? I can't.

Cricket

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the board.

I have the Thunder Tornado on my 2004 Vol. I changed to it for the look and the comfort. Before with the stock air filter, my right knee would always rest against it. Now it's like nothing is there. I can hug the tank with my lower thighs and knees when I want to without the discomfort on the right side. There are pictures in my gallery. Because I have Cobra crash bars on the bike, the stock Tornado filter didn't fit properly. The end would rest on top of the crash bar. I did a search on the K&N web-site and found a shorter filter that now sits right behind the crash bar.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
thumper said:
Rico said:
I did a search on the K&N web-site and found a shorter filter that now sits right behind the crash bar.
Do you have the part # for that new size filter.
I'm at work right now and will PM you with the part # tonight after I get home.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They look good, do you know if they are as loud as the HK 3" big straights. Because they are the ones I was going to go with but yours look good too.

Thanks for the part # Rico, it will come in handy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
thumper said:
They look good, do you know if they are as loud as the HK 3" big straights. Because they are the ones I was going to go with but yours look good too.
A friend of mine had the HK 3" straights and took them off because he said they were "Too Loud" he thought that the 2.5's would be just as loud.
After the 2.5's were installed, he was surprised as to how good they sounded. Not as loud as the 3" but loud enough. I've had them on now for over a year and they sound great. I think they've mellowed out some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts