Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I was thinking of storing a few small things in my 04 VL 800's tool storage compartment. Storing things like a small first aid kit, lighter, money, registration, small knife, etc. Does this storage area get very hot while riding?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I keep a handful of fuses, a photo copy of my driver's license, 20 bucks, and my tool kit. I've added big, good, name brand vise grips and some real wrenches.
IMO a small first aid kit is a good idea but wouldn't be beneficial.
Having survived a few accidents, I can tell you that you'd need more medical supplies than you could fit in there. Lighter would be fine. I always advocate a knife.

Rumor has it, allegedly, a KelTec PF9 fits in there. But good luck explaining that when asked for your license and registration.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
would pass on the lighter.....that compartment is too close to your gas tank...maybe a a million to 1 shot those lighters explode, why chance it. When I worked at the hartford processing center for the post office we dealt with alot of lighters being returned to BIC, there company is down in Bridgeport, more than once a lighter being returned to the company would explode in the sack and start a fire destroying all the mail in the sack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I keep a handful of fuses, a photo copy of my driver's license, 20 bucks, and my tool kit. I've added big, good, name brand vise grips and some real wrenches.
IMO a small first aid kit is a good idea but wouldn't be beneficial.
Having survived a few accidents, I can tell you that you'd need more medical supplies than you could fit in there. Lighter would be fine. I always advocate a knife.

Rumor has it, allegedly, a KelTec PF9 fits in there. But good luck explaining that when asked for your license and registration.
Truthfully, I was considering a small pistol and was worried about the ammo. I do have a CCW so it wouldn't be an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts