Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The weather held in mid-80`F for the past two weeks. I decided to take my windshield off yesterday night for riding around the city traffic and to get some much needed coiling. Wake up this morning: 67`F with 30-90% rain through the day. Of course I got rained-on during my morning ride without the windshield... :smoking:

Registered
Keep the experience in mind for the next time a drought hits your area. Like detailing your car, taking the windshield off of your bike guarantees rain...

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Keep the experience in mind for the next time a drought hits your area. Like detailing your car, taking the windshield off of your bike guarantees rain...
I summoned rain with my Suzuki C50!!! :grin2:

Registered
It's apparently also a precipitation signaling device...

Registered
Yeah, last time I did that, I ate every gnat off the Savannah river. Reminds me of a salad bar and sandblasting all in one. It hasn't been off that bike since!

Super Moderator
aside from making the ride alot more comfortable on the open road, it gives me a place to attach another piece of eqpt

so I can have quicker access for things I really don't need...sort of like woman and their purses...

Super Moderator
My Duke is a naked bike. I definitely wouldn't ride it without a full face, and even then it totally sucks if you get over 60mph. Windshields are good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
For riding around town under 40 MPH, I'd prefer no screen. Any riding in wet or cold conditions, no matter the gear, or/and highway speeds, a windshield is a must.

Super Moderator
Yeah, but I'm lazy. I had a switchblade on my C50 and it took all of 30 seconds to pull it off. I still left it on all the time.

Registered
I bought a bike with a fixed fairing 5 years ago and ever since, I will never go back to a bike without one.

Registered
Here's another idea... I purchased a Shark Evo One 2 helmet the other year. It's a little louder than full face, but I love this helmet for it's unique design. I ride open face with the chin bar in the rear position while in town and at low speeds. When I hit the highway, I pull it forward and lock it into position at my last stoplight. It has very little drag in the rear position even at 85 mph. Sudden rain and bug swarms are no longer an issue. I love it and now have a little more flexibility between bikes, with and without shields. It also looks good on different bikes; Goldwings, cruisers, and naked Ducatis!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts