Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a lot of pics, tried to concentrate on getting some miles in. Got a little over 100 miles in before the weather turned to crap. Next couple days don't look too bad, at least in the afternoon. Next week looks better.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try and get some pics of the left side of the bike. :biglaugh:

My break in routine has been somewhat hard acceleration up to 3k rpm, rowing the gears, settle in at 3k for a bit, then roll throttle close and engine break. Following that routine does not give much chance for performance evaluation but for the time I've been on it I'm really impressed. It just goes where you point it and I LOVE the linked brakes, not everybody does, I do, I'm sold. Harley nailed it with the Premium suspension and larger front forks. Two up is in the future yet so we'll see how those rear shocks handle, but so far I like what I'm feeling. Still trying to get comfortable with all the switches and joysticks, didn't turn the radio on all day. I had planned on doing klockwerks ergo back bars, I had them on my Street Glide. But I'm thinking maybe not. The Low has 2 additional inches of pullback and seemed really comfortable.......$400 saved ? Looks like it. I REALLY like that fairing vent. Today was a crappy windy day and I really did not feel any buffeting behind the fairing with the vent open. Close the vent and you can really tell the difference.

Anyway, thought I'd give ya a peek. I got some owners manual stuff to study up on. Shout out to J&L Harley Davidson in Sioux Falls, bike was in immaculate condition when I picked it up, transaction was smooth as silk with NO surprises and they really take care of new customers.

Yes.......I got a free T-shirt, matter of fact I got TWO free T-shirts, Cleaning kit, HOG membership and a free oil change. :biglaugh:

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Looks great - may you have many happy miles on it. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Personally, I'm not big on fairings, but it's a nice looking bike!

The first thing I noticed, going from a Nomad to a Road King, was the far greater torque that the Harley had. MUCH quicker off the mark.

Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It's a beauty! Many long smooth miles to you.

·
Super Moderator
33,484 Posts
Wow! That C50 looks great with the fairing and tour pack on it! :biglaugh:

Congrats on the new ride! She's a beauty! Many safe and happy miles to you both!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Beautiful. My 2014 limited goes in for the 5000 mile service (and Rinehart pipes) Saturday.
The low would have been perfect for me if I had waited. I've already added the HD reduced reach bars which is about what you get on the low.

Love the vent, love the power and it's a dream 2 up. Wife and I have done 4000 of the 6200 together in less then 3 months, including some 500 mile days. The brakes are outstanding. I hit em hard for a pair of Bambis', shut down fast. Doesn't feel like 900 lbs braking

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
9,118 Posts
That is a very sharp looking ride!!

Will look forward to reading your review after you have some miles on er'.
I'm sure it will be good.......

·
Registered
21,181 Posts
No, Russ... You paid a couple thousand dollars for a pair of t-shirts. They threw the bike in for free!

Very nice! Congratulations!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.