Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try to replace all that vacuum crap on my 03 Volusia Intruder with one of these. Hoping the bolt pattern is the same. Sure would be nice if all I need is a manual petcock with a reserve tube. and line directly to the carb. Fingers crossed. Found it on Amazon for 6.99 free shipping. Cheap enough to try.

61TImWYpwAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61qCcQpT8yL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best of luck, let us all know if it works for you

·
Registered
108 Posts
It won’t work without the fuel pump. The carb is too high up to be gravity fed. At least that’s my pet theory. Still, do let us know how this works out. I am also seriously considering this mod.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You'll want to keep the fuel pump, but you can delete the vacuum-operated petcock. The height difference between the tank and carb will result in fuel starvation issues when the fuel level in the tank gets low.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, been looking at the carb height relative to the petcock location. I plan to try just the petcock directly to the carb, and if necessary, keep and use the fuel pump. I'm hoping the petcock alone will work as I like to eliminate as many probable breakdown issues as possible. Will let everyone know how it works... if the petcock ever gets here. :mad:
Chompin at the bit as weather is getting better all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts