Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning, a friend and fellow classmate from my small High School Class, was on his way to work on state highway 11. He was just about 3 miles from work at 6:45am, when a deer jumped in front of him in the dark while he was cruising to work on his Harley. They life-flighted him to Tulsa with severe trauma to his entire body and head. He was pronounced brain dead a few hours ago according to some friends.
Out of a class of 28, 11 have died, and none of natural causes. 7 years ago today, my best friend (also of the same class) was also on his Harley, on his way to work, when a truck ran a red light and took him out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
+1 what Lu said.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
whistles

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I lived in two deer and other hazard areas and found that deer whistles helped a lot along with keeping your eyes pealed. The whistles would get deer, moose, and turkey's attention as I approached them and they tended to stop and look at me. Never had one jump out in from of me.

What I hated was the dark twisted back country roads, kept me from seeing around curves and you found yourself looking at one standing there. Or a cow or a buffalo that got out of their pens!

You have to keep your eyes open and scanning the area ahead of you for problems. The whistles won't scare any of then away and the horn blast gets them to do unpredictable things, like comeback in front of you.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. Now is the time deer are entering rut in many places, ride safe!

·
Registered
238 Posts
sorry to hear this prayers to his family and friends

·
Super Moderator
4,382 Posts
Rip

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for you & his family. Life is so short and precious. Our prayers sent.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Sorry for your tragic loss. My prayers are with his family.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts