Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up for anyone thinking for riding through the Black Hills So.Dak. The southern end of the hills,Pringle S.D. to be exact received snow Monday night Sept 1,2014, and frost that Monday and Tuesday up by Deadwood/Rochford.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Snowed in western Canada as well!

Supposed to be 32C here today (heat warnings already issued) however by the end of next week the forcast is for a high of only 15C!

They already have the snowblowers on display at our local Lowes! :(

I see the end of riding season on the horizon!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Unless the weather pattern changes, we are in for a doozy.
As much as I hate to admit it .............I've heard the same thing as well!

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Does this mean that retirement to the Black Hills from the "wet" part of the US isn't a good idea?
Duffy we love "The Hills". My wife lived there for 8 or 9 years (Rockerville) and she always said they got a lot of snow fall but it never really stuck around long.

I would retire in the Hills in a heatbeat, but I would always have a southern alternate. We have Arizona as that's where my kids house is. But I wouldn't mind checking out the Gulf Coast.

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Well from a riding perspective..this sucks:crying:

...but from a duck hunters perspective..Im all In!!!:wayhappy:
Ducks, LOL....no exaggeration, I can walk out my back door and hit 'em over the head with a golf club.

They're are pretty, but they **** every where.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
I've got the cold months figured out Russ..........head south. I've got relatives and friends from Florida to Arizona. Just not sure how long I can "do" all the traveling involved though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.