Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small updates, but some will help you out.

1) Changed Usergroups view to be a nice table list instead of the old confusing pull down. Now you can see which you are members of and which you aren't.

2) Make the open usergroups truly open, no more waiting for an admin to approve your request. If it's "open" then you get added the moment you ask for it. (and granted access to the last few who were waiting for approval).

3) Google Analytics has been installed for it's 30day trial.

4) I've started testing a way for a technical notes/how-to's section. I'm having to convert some software which is in the public domain but not designed to work this this site. It's simple but should work well for us. This should be available to users next month, but a couple may be asked to check it out for me soon to give feedback.

I have the list from the other pages in mind, next month you can expect to see a new link in your profile for a photo site as well as a place to put info on your current ride.

-McW

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
I like what you did with the usergroups, Sean. That's going to make it a whole lot easier for people to access Playground and Off Topic. They won't have to wait for those @#$%^&* administrators to take action.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
MW,

There are a couple of places where there is a white banner with white or light blue print inside of it (e.g., the topic headings after clicking "Find All Posts by User"). It's impossible to read until you hover over it with the mouse. Can that be adjusted somehow?

Thanks again for your hard work!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TNrookie said:
MW,

There are a couple of places where there is a white banner with white or light blue print inside of it (e.g., the topic headings after clicking "Find All Posts by User"). It's impossible to read until you hover over it with the mouse. Can that be adjusted somehow?

Yah, I'm still tweaking the fonts and headers. The fix I put in before when I added back in the graphics (flames and bikes) made some stuff easer to read, and then some worse.

I'll get it one of these days.

-McW

·
Premium Member
28,197 Posts
TNrookie said:
MW,

Like the "search" button. It's a white font on a light gray button...hard to read.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
One thing I have noticed when doing a search if you click on one of the results and then go back to your search results they are gone and you need to start over again.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Special Ed said:
TNrookie said:
MW,

Like the "search" button. It's a white font on a light gray button...hard to read.
:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
28,197 Posts
Misunderstood said:
Special Ed said:
TNrookie said:
MW,

I wasn't being a smartass...the buttons with white fonts on light grey backgrounds have been a pet peeve of mine for years (like the "preview" and "Sumbit" buttons when posting this).

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Special Ed said:
Misunderstood said:
Special Ed said:
TNrookie said:
MW,

I wasn't being a smartass...the buttons with white fonts on light grey backgrounds have been a pet peeve of mine for years (like the "preview" and "Sumbit" buttons when posting this).
It's a big problem here. The color scheme of this site does not work well with phpBB because of the way phpBB reuses CSS font styles and colors in a bunch of places. I guess they thought they were being nice by making less things for people to adjust but I'm going to have to start modifying code soon and creating new definitions for some of these areas.

-McW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts