Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good place to find tires(front and rear) for a 2004 suzuki volusia 800?
specifically looking for whitewall?:wayhappy:

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Anyone have a good place to find tires(front and rear) for a 2004 suzuki volusia 800?
specifically looking for whitewall?:wayhappy:
Um, your local dealer is a really good place to start.... And since 99% of us can't change our own tires, we end up at the dealer anyway. Believe it or not, the dealer DOES stock tires and they are often reasonably priced.... Yes, it is true. No point, click and ship necessary. Just walk right in and they'll even bring them out to you! Honest injun!

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
just out of curiousity
what are some people paying at local dealers
this question comes up alot,figure that may help

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
In most cases, the dealer or most tire shops do not stock white wall tires. I have WWW and have to special order everytime which for me is once per year. On my 4th set. I use a local shop that orders them, lets me know when they will be in and I ride over and he installs while I wait. Any savings you may get by ordering online can be negated by the labor to install. And as a reply has already mentioned, you can't determine very well the stock shelf age of the tires.

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
My dealer will match any internet price on tires. In fact, they keep MC Superstore and Dennis Kirk bookmarked on the shop computer to compare pricing. They also cut you a break on installation if you buy the tires from them. $25 a wheel off the bike, $40 a wheel on the bike. If you bring in mail-order tires, they charge $100 per wheel regardless.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
The problem with tires are you can buy them cheaper on the inter-net but then you have to get them mounted. Check around and find a shop that can or will mount them and at what cost. Sometime it's a trade off of a couple of dollars and not worth your time.
As far as balancing them goes I highly recommend Dyna-beads there by eliminating the need.
You didn't post your location. If your near to the Delaware Water Gap in PA I could recommend a place where the wife does the searching and the husband does the mounting. Last fall I replaced my rear Metzler 880 marathon. I brought the bike in at 10 am went out for breakfast by the time I got back all was done at a cost of $180.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
i just got a quote from a local dealer
metzler - 350
+tubes - 70
+insall - 130

thats 550 for a set
seems steap to me

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
metzler - 350
+tubes - 70
+insall - 130

that's 550 for a set
seems steep to me
Price is right for the tires. Tubes are between $20 and $35 each, so that is about the right price for tubes. Install is $65 per tire (assuming that is on the bike) so again, that is about right.

If you don't care about the tubes, that'll save you $70, but for me it is cheap insurance. Tubes get replaced when the tires do. You could probably also save about $45 a tire if you pull the wheels yourself and carry them in. If not, you're going to pay for the extra labor.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
metzler - 350
+tubes - 70
+insall - 130

thats 550 for a set
seems steap to me
is that price for white wall? they run a little more. I'm glad I don't have to buy or worry about tubes. As I've mentioned here before, I spend $400-405 with tax for a pair of Metzlers wide white wall installed. Ride in, wait, ride out.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
dint ask for WW, dont like that look personally

1 - 12 of 12 Posts