Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, its time for tires! I have had dunlop,irc,and avon tires but none of them seem to last. I thought i would check out this great site to see what everyone else is running on there bikes. If anyone has had a great experience with a certain tire, your wisdom would be appreciated....thanks

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Alot of ppl here use Metzelers and I went by that when it was time to replace mine. So far they have outlasted the IRCs that were stock and still lots of tread left.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tires

I got 22,000 km on the stock rear IRC tire on my 05 C50T before I replaced it. This spring I replaced both front and rear with IRC since I had 41,000 on the stock front and 19,000 on the second rear - don't think anyone can expect much better than that. Being a speed limit and 'sedate' rider probably helps the mileage.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Metzeler 880!!! Very good tire. Handles and performs very well.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I put Dunlop 404s on mine this winter and only have about 2,000 miles on them; but can't see any wear yet. For the price, I can change them every 9,000-10,000 and be happy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just replaced my stock IRC's with Kenda Kruz 673's.Not many miles on them yet ,but I like the way they ride.More responsive than the IRC"s and a lot better ride.Price is right too. Good luck!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just put on a set of Metzler ME880s WWW last week. Pics are in my gallery or signature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tires

how can someone get 22km out of their tires when i got 18k on my bike total miles bought new and i have been thru 4 sets of tires!!!!confused??

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Re: tires

2003volride said:
how can someone get 22km out of their tires when i got 18k on my bike total miles bought new and i have been thru 4 sets of tires!!!!confused??
Kilometers versus miles. BUT: If you have 18,000 miles on a VL800 and have been through 4 sets of tires then you need to sell the VL800 and buy the crotch rocket you act like you are riding. I've got 12,400 miles on the stock IRC tires and will probably get at least a couple more thousand out of them before going to the Metzelers.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Perelli Mt66's are good. So are the Metzler 880's I have got good miles out of both. I am back with the Perelli's now. 40,000+ miles on the bike.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tires

no i dont think i need a crotch rocket, i am 40 years old and have been riding bikes all my life. i guess i will go with avon venom tires,they seem to do the best job for me..one of these days i hope to drive a crotch rocket..thanks all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts