Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my first new set of tires. Any Georgia users know where to get a good price including install in the Peachtree Corners/ Norcross area? I'm looking at Metzeger 880's if that matters. It seems like there's a ton of places up I-75, but not many in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for any intel.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Looking to get my first new set of tires. Any Georgia users know where to get a good price including install in the Peachtree Corners/ Norcross area? I'm looking at Metzeger 880's if that matters. It seems like there's a ton of places up I-75, but not many in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for any intel.
I bought 3 sets of tires over the years from this outfit in Lawrenceville and received best prices on my WWW Metzlers. They shipped to me in Houston for less than anyone else on the internet. I assume they will offer decent pricing and install in person. They used to be known as Two Brothers. I think now its Keel Brothers.

Two Brothers | Motorcycle Tires Atlanta - Home | Lawrenceville | Gwinnett

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rvcycleguy: Thanks, for the tip. They look to be about a half hour away from me but that may be the closest I find. Do most places require a dropoff in your experience or is it usually something you wait around for?

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
oh my, the scrolling pic on the web page appears to have a darkside rear

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
rvcycleguy: Thanks, for the tip. They look to be about a half hour away from me but that may be the closest I find. Do most places require a dropoff in your experience or is it usually something you wait around for?
Since Im in Houston, my experience is with a tech that allows me to ride in and wait for the install. He sells me the tires as well. I generally request an appt time so he knows I'm coming and clears the lift and its 30 minutes in and out.

I used to use a different shop and take my new online tires in with me and wait for a couple of hours. Same price now with the new guy and he gets the profit from sale of new tires and labor as well. Its nice to have a good relationship with a local shop. Never know when you need some professional assistance. He has loaned me tools when I needed a extra large socket (35MM) to remove a swing arm.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts

Thanks for any intel.
Make sure the person who adjusts your rear brake knows what they are doing. You don't want to be their guinea pig.

Inquire about the tires date of manufacture before installing.

If you speedometer works now, make sure they know that. Many have had their magnet destroyed. Not expensive, just a headache.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I bought my Metzeler 880's for my 2005 Suzuki C50T last year at Atlanta Motor World in Roswell, GA and they gave me a good price and were very reasonable to mount them. Be sure to order tubes too. The service department and mechanics there are very good and I take my Suzuki there for service even though they carry only Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki brands. You can find them at Atlanta Motor World.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts