Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Tire balancing options

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  beezer 
#1 ·
Need a little help here. What are my tire balancing options other than the weights on there now?
I've read here about beads, Dyna beads, EZ beads, etc. Is there a difference?
Do these have to be put in when the tire is changed or can you put them in through the valve stem?
Assuming if you use beads, you have to take off the weights, eh?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

#2 ·
I use Ride-On, which is a goopy substance that you put in thru the valve.

#3 ·
RideOn, is like balance beads and Slime combined. It is heavier than slime. I've used it on my C50 and liked how it worked. My only complaint was from the shop that changed tires. They don't like the beads or the liquid. here is their website.

RideOn Website

:cool::cool::cool:

#4 ·
The beads actually cause the inside of the TUBE to wear, as they roll around inside. You do not want to do that under ANY circumstances. Slime, ride on and other goo will sling around the inside of the tube and dynamically balance it, but it usually takes a bottle or two to get enough mass inside. The liquid passed product will freeze in cold conditions so it will cause balance issues in that case. Really, the peel and stick weights do the job just fine. You really gain nothing by using dynamic balancing agents.

#5 ·
I've been using Dyna beads for two motorcycles now. It goes into the valve stem. When you go to change your tire you can save those dynabeads to rebalance the next tire. There's a specific amount you put in for the size of your tire.

Hope this helps 🙂

#6 ·
Thx for info so far. I swapped out the spoke wheels for aluminum wheels a few years ago. So tubes aren't an issue.
If I do go with one of these bead products, I take the rim weights off, right?
Have the '05 C50 BTW...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.